Santana gets ripped! DAGNABBIT. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Santana gets ripped! DAGNABBIT.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby sinicalypse » Sat Sep 06, 2003 6:23 pm

yeah that santana outing really hurt me.. it all but clinched 2nd place in my 7x7 league's ERA race. with 1199 and 2/3 innings accrued for my team, he singlehandedly brought my era up to 3.46 from 3.42, even with a scoreless inning from keith foulke.

you know, when santana first entered the rotation after the all-star break, he was lights out. then he faced KC and baltimore and gave up 5 ER for two games in a row... his next 4 starts were against detroit, detroit, cleveland, and cleveland, where he got back on track in a hurry, going 3-0 while giving up 4 ER combined in those four starts...

not only that, but he faced texas 5 or 6 days ago and blanked them over 6 innings. so while he was undoubtedly crusing through detroit and cleveland's lineups back to back, texas made their adjustments and got their licks in. still, for what it's worth, he's worth a shot... his era is only 3.10, he's struck out 149 in 136 1/3 innings, and he's 9-3.

why the hell hasn't he been in the rotation all year? that was beyond stupid by both twins ownership and ron gardenhire, who opted to sign and then go with the gambler, kenny rogers, who has gone 11-7 with a 4.80 ERA. ouch.
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers