Are you losing faith in the Red Sox? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Are you losing faith in the Red Sox?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby nsulham » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:00 am

I'm tremendously embarassed right now so I'm not going to come up with a clear answer for this until I clear my head.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby XHendrix » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:12 am

IllinoisBandit wrote:Is it just me, or does nobody (except maybe the Twins) in contentions seem like they have good pitching. Some teams have good 1's and 2's but 3,4,5 are crapshoots for basically every team this year. No one looks really stacked with starters.

Angels 1-4 is pretty good imo.
XHendrix
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby DevilDriver » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:00 am

IllinoisBandit wrote:
DevilDriver wrote:Even if they do make the playoffs they have no chance to win the World Series...they just don't have the pitching. Yes, I'm losing faith.

Is it just me, or does nobody (except maybe the Twins) in contentions seem like they have good pitching. Some teams have good 1's and 2's but 3,4,5 are crapshoots for basically every team this year. No one looks really stacked with starters.

True, but their starters have been excessively inconsistent. And it's not just the rotation, they have a bad bullpen too. A rookie closer in Papelbon who's starting to blow saves, an aging setup man in Mike Timlin who lacks dominating stuff, Julian Tavarez and Rudy Seanz suck, Manny Delcarmen and Craig Hansen lack experience... :-o
DevilDriver
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Re: Are you losing faith in the Red Sox?

Postby Young 8 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:04 am

waltb87 wrote:Im not, are you?

a little
Young 8
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ukrneal » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:17 am

When Wakefield's return is the best thing you can say about your team getting back on track...man, are you in trouble.
ukrneal
General Manager
General Manager

Postby kimchi_chigae » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:18 am

As soon as Jimmy Fallon and Drew Barrymore hook up in a movie again, the Sox will be fine. :-b
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 608)

Postby WharfRat » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:34 am

kimchi_chigae wrote:As soon as Jimmy Fallon and Drew Barrymore hook up in a movie again, the Sox will be fine. :-b

Technically, the Sox haven't won a World Series since that happened, so I think you could make a case for the Curse of Jimmy & Drew... ;-7

But seriously, it's obviously way too early to lose faith in the Sawx. Lord knows three games out is not insurmountable. They've got enough guys who can still produce, or at least the potential to do so, in the rotation, the lineup and even the bullpen. A bad stretch by the Yanks or ChiSox (with questions of their own), or a hot streak by the Sox, and things could be very different in a very short time. And yes, Wakefield coming back could be big. Keep the faith, as they say. (PS Go Yanks! ;-D )

Of course, the World Series is probably out of reach for the Bosox AND the Yanks.
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:48 am

The team is really sucking lately, but no. The Yankees got swept by KC last year too...not that big of a deal. We were down 10 games at one point in '04, and cut it to 2 in like 2 weeks. 3.5 games, with 9 left head to head is nothing.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jbauer2485 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:38 am

teddy ballgame wrote:The team is really sucking lately, but no. The Yankees got swept by KC last year too...not that big of a deal. We were down 10 games at one point in '04, and cut it to 2 in like 2 weeks. 3.5 games, with 9 left head to head is nothing.

Yea, I guess everyone forgets about the KC sweep last year. It happens. You never sweep the teams you should, and series that are supposed to be tough end up surprising you. The Red Sox could easily be in first place by the end of next week.

Then I can post something like this in a "are the Yankees done?" thread.
jbauer2485
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Fenway05 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:15 pm

I tell you after next weekends 5 game series with the Yanks. those games will decide the division. I am a little worried, every pitcher on the staff depended on Tek to call the game for them. Now that they have to do some thinking on their own the young guys(Declarman, Hanson, Paps) are getting lit up. Lets hope that Lopez and learn these guys tendicies in a hurry!
"When you come to a fork in the road take it."
Fenway05
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers