Burgos showing signs of future ability? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Burgos showing signs of future ability?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Burgos showing signs of future ability?

Postby Zito is God » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:14 pm

I have been very imprwessed with this guy lately. he always had an electric FB and has great K/IP ratios. He's only 22.

What do you see ahead?

...And yes, I know he plays for the Royals, but he would have 30+ saves if he was the closer all year.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby giants! » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:19 pm

The kid has potential and if the owner decides to dish out money for a change, KC could be a good team down the road. Anyway, save oppurtunities doesnt really vary much from team to team. Basically, he could be really good a little down the road.
giants!
General Manager
General Manager

Postby go_jays_go » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:23 pm

I actually like Burgos and what he brings to the table. He seems to be more confident every time he pitches and looks to keep the job. I like this kid for the future and hope he can keep his job.
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Mreater71 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:33 pm

I decided to pick him up off of the FA. Not blowing the save against the Red Sox is no small task, since they have a habit of taking advantage against the closers.
Mreater71
College Coach
College Coach

Postby spacehamster01 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:01 am

Ever since Burgos had that one stretch of 2 weeks where he had like 3 ER per outing (maybe a slight exaggeration) he's pretty good. Somebody in my league realized that before I did and I missed out on a good closer. In his last 28 outings, he has 31 IP and 13 ER...which equals a 3.77 ERA. Not the best ERA but its pretty good. Probably better than Brad Lidge's ;-7 . He could make himself into a good closer since he should have a lot of years to go, so look out for Burgos in the future.
spacehamster01
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby J35J » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:57 am

He's always shown signs of future ability, it is just that he got called up to the bigs way to early as he only had 12IP at AA then got called up last year. He will still be a little erratic for the rest of this year I'm sure. Next year is where you should see some major improvement, he is also working on a little slider now which should help since all he throws is a fastball and a split finger that he can't seem to throw for a strike if he needs to.

But yeah, there is a reason they dealt MacDougal away! ;-7

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Re: Burgos showing signs of future ability?

Postby NZF » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:28 pm

Zito is God wrote:I know he plays for the Royals, but he would have 30+ saves if he was the closer all year.

He'd have 30 plus saves anyway if he hadn't blown a dozen or more already ;-)

But Bleach, I'm still happy with him :-)
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Burgos showing signs of future ability?

Postby bleach168 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:44 pm

NZF wrote:
Zito is God wrote:I know he plays for the Royals, but he would have 30+ saves if he was the closer all year.

He'd have 30 plus saves anyway if he hadn't blown a dozen or more already ;-)

But Bleach, I'm still happy with him :-)

If you like Burgos, you should LOVE Dempster! C'mon, I'm practically giving you Dump.. errr Dempster for free!
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Return to Baseball Leftovers