Internet Connection - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Internet Connection

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Internet Connection

Postby OhMrScottyTrav06 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:52 pm

Alright, I'm just creating a new thread so I can solve this as quick as possible. I successfully installed Windows onto my MacBook. The last step I need is to connect to my linksys wireless router. I know the name and pw to my network, but I am not sure how to connect. I already have a Wireless Card in my laptop as well. I go into Network Connections but everything I try seems to fail. I've looked for tutorials on google, unsuccessful. If anyone can post a few simple steps to resolve this, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
OhMrScottyTrav06
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby davidmarver » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:49 pm

Normally, there's a on/off switch to your wireless connection on the side of the laptop somewhere. Make sure that's on. I then go to control panel, network and internet connections, network connections, then right click on Wireless Network Connection and click 'view available networks'. That's what I do and I'm of no use after that. Hope it works.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby OhMrScottyTrav06 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:57 pm

davidmarver wrote:Normally, there's a on/off switch to your wireless connection on the side of the laptop somewhere. Make sure that's on. I then go to control panel, network and internet connections, network connections, then right click on Wireless Network Connection and click 'view available networks'. That's what I do and I'm of no use after that. Hope it works.

Yeah, that's what I figured would work. But after I get to Network Connections, there is no Wireless Network Connection.
OhMrScottyTrav06
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Musketeer

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:31 pm

is ur wireless card recognized by windows? make sure of this first, check device manager under system. you might have to install the drivers and software to get it to detect and connect to your wireless network. im pretty sure that the built-in wireless card in your mac is not automatically detected by windows.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby OhMrScottyTrav06 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:11 am

BitterDodgerFan wrote:is ur wireless card recognized by windows? make sure of this first, check device manager under system. you might have to install the drivers and software to get it to detect and connect to your wireless network. im pretty sure that the built-in wireless card in your mac is not automatically detected by windows.

I am under Device Manager, but don't know what to look for to find my wireless network.
OhMrScottyTrav06
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Musketeer

Return to General Talk