Is Luke Scott for real? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Is Luke Scott for real?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:44 pm

i noticed he has a lot of hits in the past month, but it has not equalled that many R, HR, RBI versus a player who has less hits. is this because his spot in the lineup? kinda like andre ethier who has a gaudy average but other stats being mediocre.

scott has 10R, 3HR, 13RBI, 0SB, .430 in the past month, but there are plenty of players who are putting up more R,HR,RBI,SB with fewer hits on my waiver wire.

my take is he's not really worth it unless you're looking for avg. even then at this point in the season, the avg is hard to bring up.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StudentOfTheGame » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:52 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:i noticed he has a lot of hits in the past month, but it has not equalled that many R, HR, RBI versus a player who has less hits. is this because his spot in the lineup? kinda like andre ethier who has a gaudy average but other stats being mediocre.

scott has 10R, 3HR, 13RBI, 0SB, .430 in the past month, but there are plenty of players who are putting up more R,HR,RBI,SB with fewer hits on my waiver wire.

my take is he's not really worth it unless you're looking for avg. even then at this point in the season, the avg is hard to bring up.

I think the lack of peripheral statistics has alot to do with the Astros weak offense in general....Anytime you have guys like Ausmus, Everett, and Lane hitting behind you, you're not going to score many runs...Look at Berkman. he has a ton of RBI and a great OBP, but only 60 some runs scored.

They have moved Scott behind Berkman now and in front of Huff...So that's definantly a good thing. I have a good feeling about him the rest of the way.
StudentOfTheGame
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby StudentOfTheGame » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:54 pm

It also should be mentioned that the guy is slugging .680......I don't think you'll find anyone on the waiver wire with that kind of pop.
StudentOfTheGame
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bloodface » Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:57 am

I have to chime in with a sixth here. This guy has been absolute bun sunshine since I popped him in about 2 weeks ago. Now, maybe i'm in a seriously deep mixed league, but I even think this guy has relevence in lesser deep leagues, even (and roto ain't the only world, folks). As clarified so astutely by StudentOfTheGame, his percentagicals are off the graphicals. He's getting just tons of multi-hit games, has moved into a not so bad RBI position, and his percentages, for those of us in H2H leagues, is making a HUGE difference.
bloodface
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Basketball

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates