HUGE Terrorist Plot Foiled!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

HUGE Terrorist Plot Foiled!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:11 pm

The thing I don't get, is these reports that the number of deaths would have been unprecedented, but weren't they going to blow the planes up over the atlantic or something? I don't think 10 planes would equal the number of deaths of the WTC. They're also reporting that Muslims in England are going to defend Islam before their country (England), and they're getting up in arms towards the US about this incident. 8-o

Things are becoming messy, fast. :-o
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:13 pm

So I'm flying tonight can I bring an empty bottle through security? Then fill it up?
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby acsguitar » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:15 pm

BTW Bush you are a freaking moron as usual

The terror plot arrests in London are a “stark reminder that this nation is at war with Islamic fascists,” President Bush says.

Nice way to lump in a religion with the threat.

Can't he just say we are at way with terrorist factions.

This is gonna piss people off.
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby mikhayl » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:19 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:The thing I don't get, is these reports that the number of deaths would have been unprecedented, but weren't they going to blow the planes up over the atlantic or something? I don't think 10 planes would equal the number of deaths of the WTC. They're also reporting that Muslims in England are going to defend Islam before their country (England), and they're getting up in arms towards the US about this incident. 8-o

Things are becoming messy, fast. :-o

A Boeing 777 can fit 550 passengers and some 20 crew members. Down 10 of those and that's close to 6,000 murdered. 911 death toll was under 3,000.
Let's go O's. Let's go Mets.
mikhayl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Tavish » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:21 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:The thing I don't get, is these reports that the number of deaths would have been unprecedented, but weren't they going to blow the planes up over the atlantic or something? I don't think 10 planes would equal the number of deaths of the WTC.

Trans-Atlantic flights normally carry 300+ passengers. The WTC death toll was just under 3000 IRC.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 34)

Postby acsguitar » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:22 pm

Good to see that our intelligance agencies are doing their jobs ;-D
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:25 pm

Thanks for the info guys. ;-D I knew something had to add up.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:27 pm

Tavish wrote:
Security alert follows arrests
British and U.S. security agencies quickly moved to impose strict limits on carry-on items in the wake of Thursday's arrests, causing extended delays at airport security checkpoints. (Full story)

The British Airports Authority said no hand luggage would be allowed onto planes leaving British airports until further notice.

No mention of snakes being restricted. I don't think I'll feel safe enough to fly until I hear a definite "no snakes on a plane" rule from the airline security groups.

Same here.

A little off topic, but for some reason, I remembered this story I had at Heathrow about the inspections process there. I don't know if they do this in airports here, but at Heathrow they take all the Arab or Indian folks to the side and inspect them, while the other folks including myself weren't even screened. If I remembered right, the day before I was to take off from Heathrow, there was a terrorist arrest at Stansted and so, I have to admit I was a little nervous about my flight the next day. But yes, the British intelligence is top-notch.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 623)

Postby acsguitar » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:32 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
Tavish wrote:
Security alert follows arrests
British and U.S. security agencies quickly moved to impose strict limits on carry-on items in the wake of Thursday's arrests, causing extended delays at airport security checkpoints. (Full story)

The British Airports Authority said no hand luggage would be allowed onto planes leaving British airports until further notice.

No mention of snakes being restricted. I don't think I'll feel safe enough to fly until I hear a definite "no snakes on a plane" rule from the airline security groups.

Same here.

A little off topic, but for some reason, I remembered this story I had at Heathrow about the inspections process there. I don't know if they do this in airports here, but at Heathrow they take all the Arab or Indian folks to the side and inspect them, while the other folks including myself weren't even screened. If I remembered right, the day before I was to take off from Heathrow, there was a terrorist arrest at Stansted and so, I have to admit I was a little nervous about my flight the next day. But yes, the British intelligence is top-notch.

It does piss me off that we don't screen passangers based on race. Maybee that sounds bad but it seems that most Terrorists aren't white dudes, black dudes, asians, or native american. Sorry we are free here but we do need to be careful.

Also this kinda unnerves me.

The metal detector and X-ray machines at airport security checkpoints cannot detect explosives. At many, but not all airport checkpoints, the TSA has deployed walkthrough “sniffer” or “puffer” machines that can detect explosives residue.
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Old_Style » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:36 pm

acsguitar wrote:BTW Bush you are a freaking moron as usual

The terror plot arrests in London are a “stark reminder that this nation is at war with Islamic fascists,” President Bush says.

Nice way to lump in a religion with the threat.

Can't he just say we are at way with terrorist factions.

This is gonna piss people off.

it's true though, do you want him to twinkle toe around the fact?
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk