This team sucks - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Boston Red Sox

This team sucks

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

This team sucks

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:15 am

Man, it looks like this season is going right down the drain. Losers of 4 in a row, to Tampa Bay and Kansas City. I'm actually not surprised though. We always have trouble with the "easy teams." If we could take care of business with these teams, we would have won our share of division titles over the last few years.

With Francona at the helm, he can't do anything to rally them up. He's not going to go on a Leyland-esque tirade and whip the team in to shape. The veterans on the team need to take control, and get this team headed back in the right direction.

They're lucky they're only 3 games out of the division, and 1.5 of the WC. With 9 games left vs. the Yankees they still have more than a good shot at the division, but not if they keep playing like this. :-t
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DevilDriver » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:13 am

Look on the bright side... There's only 8 months until next season! ;-)
DevilDriver
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Re: This team sucks

Postby Red Sox Nation » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:43 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:Man, it looks like this season is going right down the drain. Losers of 4 in a row, to Tampa Bay and Kansas City. I'm actually not surprised though. We always have trouble with the "easy teams." If we could take care of business with these teams, we would have won our share of division titles over the last few years.

With Francona at the helm, he can't do anything to rally them up. He's not going to go on a Leyland-esque tirade and whip the team in to shape. The veterans on the team need to take control, and get this team headed back in the right direction.

They're lucky they're only 3 games out of the division, and 1.5 of the WC. With 9 games left vs. the Yankees they still have more than a good shot at the division, but not if they keep playing like this. :-t

Holy crap. We have a 5 game 4 day weekend games against the Yankees next week or something like that. It's mad crazy. A double header on Thursday (I think) followed by games Friday, Saturday and Sunday. OMFG. That's crazy.

We might be losing we lost V-Tek. Lopez isn't that great of a defensive catcher but he's been getting better. IMO, Papelbon has been overworked. Nearly 60 innings and only 30 saves. Hmm...

We didn't make a move before the nonwaiver deadline and that was probably our mistake. We could have tried to land on Carlos Lee or Abreu at RF (Wily Mo Pena is great but strikes out too much. I'm predicting he stays in Boston and plays RF while Nixon signs with another team).

We could use another pitcher in the offseason. I'm thinking of Mulder, if STL doesn't sign him (only if he can return healthy). Others might also include Zito or D. Willis. IMO, 2 lefties are where it's at these days much like what the Twins have in Liriano and Johan.

If they beat the Yankees next week (or this coming week?) by getting at least 3 out of the 5, I think they're in good shape provided they win and lose the SAME amount of games the Yankees win and lose until BOS and NYY meet. That will be an interesting series since all 5 starters from both teams will face each other.
[url=http://omgitspeter.googlepages.com/home]My Graphics[/url]

Red Sox Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:46 pm

I'm going to the first game of the doubleheader on Friday! :-B

But typically with doubleheaders they call someone up to pitch one of the games, so I don't know if we'll see all 5 of our starters (who are the5 starters anyways? :-? :-B )
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Red Sox Nation » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:32 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:I'm going to the first game of the doubleheader on Friday! :-B

But typically with doubleheaders they call someone up to pitch one of the games, so I don't know if we'll see all 5 of our starters (who are the5 starters anyways? :-? :-B )

Lucky. I haven't been to Fenway since 5th grade. Haha.

Our starters are (I believe):
Jon Lester
Josh Beckett
Curt Schilling
Jason Johnson / Kyle Snyder
Some person called up- forgot his name

:-B
[url=http://omgitspeter.googlepages.com/home]My Graphics[/url]

Red Sox Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor