What is the best game you've ever seen??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What is the best game you've ever seen???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What is the best game you've ever seen???

Postby demoflauchy » Fri Sep 05, 2003 2:24 pm

I was at The Ballpark in Arlington when Kenny Rogers threw his perfect game on July 28, 1994 against the California Angles.

I was sitting in the middle of the first base line, about 25 rows up (awesome seats). Memorable game. Gives me chills just thinking about it. Madison, were you there?

In the 6th inning, the crowd started to get antsy...each and every pitch was watched with the utmost anticipation. He almost walked each batter in the 7th (all had a 3 ball count), and in the 9th...a fly ball ended the game.

It was amazing.

FYI- 97 total pitches...He was the first Lefty to pitch a P.G. in the AL history!
demoflauchy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What is the best game you've ever seen???

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Sep 05, 2003 4:27 pm

demoflauchy wrote:I was at The Ballpark in Arlington when Kenny Rogers threw his perfect game on July 28, 1994 against the California Angles.

I was sitting in the middle of the first base line, about 25 rows up (awesome seats). Memorable game. Gives me chills just thinking about it. Madison, were you there?

In the 6th inning, the crowd started to get antsy...each and every pitch was watched with the utmost anticipation. He almost walked each batter in the 7th (all had a 3 ball count), and in the 9th...a fly ball ended the game.

It was amazing.

FYI- 97 total pitches...He was the first Lefty to pitch a P.G. in the AL history!

And now he can't even go 6 innings and give up only 2 runs. :-P
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Re: What is the best game you've ever seen???

Postby Madison » Fri Sep 05, 2003 4:48 pm

demoflauchy wrote:I was at The Ballpark in Arlington when Kenny Rogers threw his perfect game on July 28, 1994 against the California Angles.

It was amazing.

Nope, I wasn't there for that one. I would have liked to have been though. ;-)

I guess my favorite game was way back. The Rangers were clobbering someone something like 25-2, so the Rangers let Kevin Brown bat! The other team let one of their fielders pitch! Great to see guys that are just having some fun at that point. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby sinicalypse » Fri Sep 05, 2003 7:38 pm

it's a toss-up for me... more than likely, it's probably a cubs/white sox game that i went to in 2000. it went 12 or 13 innings, and the sox ended up winning something like 5-3. it was pretty much a microcosm of why that sox team was good.. solid starting pitching, the offense tied the game late, and then their bullpen held the cubs at bay long enough to allow the sox to score again.

on the other hand, this april i saw an absolute gem of a game... cubs vs expos, out in the freezing cold at wrigley. it was prior vs vazquez... prior went the distance, shutting out the expos with 12K and either 0 or 1 walk(s). vazquez was also awesome, but gave up 2 runs to the cubs.. still, he struck out 14 in 7 innings. the game went quick, but it was an absolute pleasure to watch.
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby ramble2 » Fri Sep 05, 2003 7:47 pm

My favorite game was watching Zito take on the Mariners last fall. It was the game that Zito took a no-hitter into the 8th inning. Around the 5th or 6th inning everyone started getting really excited about seeing Zito throw a no-no.

The best part was that it was in the middle of a tight divisional race. As my friends and I were walking into the Coliseum hoping for an A's win, we kept making this joke where we'd say, "Look, I'm not asking for much today. I'd be perfectly happy if all that we saw was a Zito no-hitter. Doesn't have to be a perfect game; I'd be fine with a no-hitter. No big deal, just a simple no-hitter."

It was the most intense and fun game I've ever been to. Hopefully this year I'll be able to see the A's make it to the World Series and take home the championship!
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 5)

Postby JohnnyA » Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:43 pm

Clemens vrs Pedro at Yanks Stadium ... I think last season or the season before. Two gunfighters dueling it out 'til there was nothing left.
JohnnyA
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:47 pm

JohnnyA wrote:Clemens vrs Pedro at Yanks Stadium ... I think last season or the season before. Two gunfighters dueling it out 'til there was nothing left.

Memorial Day weekend? That was a GREAT game!! ;-D

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby wrveres » Sat Sep 06, 2003 3:24 am

I was teary eyed for hours when Nolan threw his last no hitter. :-)
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 720)

Postby DK » Sat Sep 06, 2003 8:47 am

mine is instant. i went to atlanta to visit a friend, and we saw greg maddux throw a CG-SHO, 78 pitches, 15 strikeouts, about a 2 hour game. he never went past ball two. man, i miss those days.

i also saw the mets game where shawn estes and mike piazza took clemens yard! ;-D
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Super GM » Sat Sep 06, 2003 8:49 am

That game where the Braves were down by five or six runs and then struck for eight runs in the 8th vs. the Cubs (?) I'm not sure I need to ask DHC. I'm sure he'll remember! ;-D
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers