Faab option on CBS - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Faab option on CBS

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Faab option on CBS

Postby Surfs up » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:11 pm

Anybody use the faab option for their league CBS offers? My league seems to be having a problem doing bids. The commisioner is the only one that can see them. And he has ended up with a couple of players by the next $1.00 or gets players that nobody bids on for $1.00. We want to use a site for faabs that locks everybody out including the commish.And once the site is opened bids can't be placed. I have also heard about faabman. Anybody use it? If so how can we get that? Any info is greatly appreciated.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 198)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fumbler » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:30 pm

We use the faab option for our CBS league in which i'm the commish.

I'm not sure why you think that's the case because the bidding is completely "blind". The commissioner is not granted any special options to see what other teams bid. Commissioners have no means to fix their bidding prices to try and win certain players that other people bid on.
Fumbler
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Surfs up » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:55 am

I should have explained.We are NOT using it now. We send all of our bids through the add /drop option on the site with our bid in the comments box.The Commisioner sees all of these bids.
Is it like faabman? Once the deadline is reached no more bids can be added/ And it cannot be opened until the deadline? Does the faab option send all bids to the league message board?
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Fumbler » Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:42 pm

I'm not familiar with faabman so i can't comment on that aspect of it.

I'll try and explain how it works with our league and maybe i'll be able to answer some of your questions. We run our waiver auctions three days a week: Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Each team started with a $100 budget. We allow $0 bids.

It's not very complicated. After you have decided what player you want to pick up, you must enter a dollar amount in the box. There really isn't a deadline per se with CBS Sportsline. You just kinda learn the time of day that waivers are run and make sure you have your bid in ahead of time. You can re-adjust your bid or cancel it before waivers are run if you so choose. All bids are blind. When waivers are processed it shows who was picked up/dropped and what the winning bid was. It does not show (unfortunately) what other teams might have bid on the players picked up.

Player goes to the highest bidder. In case of ties, there is also a waiver ranking order. The team higher on the ranking order would get the player. Once you acquire someone from waivers you are then moved to the bottom of the ranking order.

I apologize in advance if i'm not answering your questions correctly.
Hopefully some of this helps. :-)
Fumbler
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Surfs up » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:57 pm

Thanks for the help. I was out of town for a few days.Is there an option box? Does the commisoner see all of the bids or is he blocked out ? With faabman. It takes your last bid. You can bid as many times as you want but its the last one that counts.The commisioner cannot open the bids once the bidding starts.I just don't know how to get in contact with the source that has Faabman
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers