Drew Henson... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Drew Henson...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Sep 05, 2003 7:49 pm

demoflauchy wrote:yeah, I just quit my job last month and won't be making the $12Million over the next 3 years (gave up my signing bonus of $3M too)......... WHAT ARE THESE PEOPLE THINKING???? He's going to make $12M over three years and he wants to play for the Texans??? Not a wise move bud...

Actually, he doesn't want to play for the Texans. Unfortunately for him, they hold his rights for a year. IMHO, it would be in his best financial interest (if he leaves baseball for football) to sit out the year, train for football, and then re-enter next year's draft and get Top-10 money. With the round that he was drafted in and the Texan's cap situation, they won't be able to give him much more than the minimum.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eftda » Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:06 pm

sometime syou have to take a kid who cant hit in AAA< bring hi up and he goes crazy in the MLB. Hitting for avg, hitting 20+ hr... ;-D
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby pkarr5000 » Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:41 pm

this is getting pretty confusing. the texans already have enough qbs. but id much rather have henson than tony banks.
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby demoflauchy » Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:40 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
demoflauchy wrote:yeah, I just quit my job last month and won't be making the $12Million over the next 3 years (gave up my signing bonus of $3M too)......... WHAT ARE THESE PEOPLE THINKING???? He's going to make $12M over three years and he wants to play for the Texans??? Not a wise move bud...

Actually, he doesn't want to play for the Texans. Unfortunately for him, they hold his rights for a year. IMHO, it would be in his best financial interest (if he leaves baseball for football) to sit out the year, train for football, and then re-enter next year's draft and get Top-10 money. With the round that he was drafted in and the Texan's cap situation, they won't be able to give him much more than the minimum.

He should sit the year out and come back next year, I agree. I don't much care for him...but wish him the best of luck.
demoflauchy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Sep 06, 2003 4:02 pm

And Henson comes in to play 3rd base in the 9th inning. If he hits 3 grand slams, then the Yankees will win!! :-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby R-Tehst » Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:17 pm

The Texans are going to trade Henson after he's signed.
R-Tehst
College Coach
College Coach

Postby demoflauchy » Sat Sep 06, 2003 7:21 pm

R-Tehst wrote:The Texans are going to trade Henson after he's signed.

Post a link please??? This is the first I've heard of this.
demoflauchy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Madison » Sun Sep 07, 2003 2:07 am

demoflauchy wrote:
R-Tehst wrote:The Texans are going to trade Henson after he's signed.

Post a link please??? This is the first I've heard of this.

Check the Fantasyfootballcafe.com for the latest. ;-) Or click in the top left corner in yellow where it says Football Cafe. Our sister site is almost as good as we are. :-D

Gotta give the football guys a hard time once in a while. :-D Lol.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers