Weeks - team Doc recommends surgery - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Weeks - team Doc recommends surgery

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Weeks - team Doc recommends surgery

Postby bcb » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:31 pm

From Yahoo:
Aug 9 Team physician Dr. William Raasch has recommended surgery for Weeks, who was placed on the DL July 29 (retroactive to July 25) with a sore right wrist that has not responded to rest and treatment. Surgery would end Weeks' season.
bcb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sox 06 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:40 pm

I think it's safe to drop him becuase he wont be 100% even if he does come back for the last 2 weeks of the season. I have Blake and Liriano on the DL so Weeks was just a waste. I'd say everyone should just drop him IMOP.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby GDormz » Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:20 pm

i dropped him ab 2 weeks back when they said he would be out for a lengthy period. he was real good 2.. Lets go Kendrick i guess!!

LETS GO SOX 2nite!
Thanks, Will Help in Return

BoSox Baby!
GDormz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby sportsguy138 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:47 pm

sox 06 wrote:I think it's safe to drop him becuase he wont be 100% even if he does come back for the last 2 weeks of the season. I have Blake and Liriano on the DL so Weeks was just a waste. I'd say everyone should just drop him IMOP.

unless its a keeper :-/

too bad.. couldve really used this guy on my team :-t
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 405)

Postby sox 06 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:59 am

HE'S DONE FOR GOOD. CBS SPORTSLINE:

News:
Milwaukee Brewers second baseman Rickie Weeks is scheduled to have season-ending surgery on his right wrist next week. Weeks has missed nine games since getting hurt while wagging a bat in the dugout July 25. He said he considered playing through the injury, which causes a tendon to snap out of place. "It wasn't getting any better," Weeks said Wednesday before Milwaukee's game against the Chicago Cubs. "The best situation for me right now is to go ahead and get it done." Dr. Don Sheridan will examine Weeks on Monday in Phoenix and perform the surgery Tuesday or Wednesday, the team said.

Analysis: Brewers general manager Doug Melvin said Weeks should be fully recovered in a couple of months, in plenty of time to be ready for the 2007 season. Still, Melvin said the missed time will affect the development of the second-year player, the Brewers' top draft pick in 2003. "The only consideration I had is if you stay in the pennant race, you always need a pinch-runner in September, and he could have been that guy," Melvin said. "But when it got down to it, to waste that time, with him doing nothing now, it just didn't make sense." Weeks, the team's leadoff hitter, was batting .279 with eight home runs and 34 RBIs in 95 games. Last season, he fought through a nagging left thumb injury and hit .239 with 13 homers and 42 RBI. It's safe to drop Weeks in non-keeper leagues
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Return to Injuries & Player Updates