Peavy / Lee / Teixeira and more - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests

Peavy / Lee / Teixeira and more

Moderators: deluxe_247, kimchi_chigae, Mookie4ever, Baseball Moderators

Peavy / Lee / Teixeira and more

Postby pizz » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:32 am

id like to request a sig pic with these specs.

the background must be a confederate flag.. it can be faded a bit if needed.. kind of subtly in the background.. i move my team to Mississipi :)

then id like peavy, carlos lee, teixeira, lowry, kinsler in it if possible.. they can just be head shots from espn or action shots.

kinsler...............................................peavy

.............................lee.................................

lowry................................................. teixeira

something like that i guess... could be a fun challenge
still a giants fan this year :(
pizz
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pizz » Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:51 pm

how about just tex / lee.

thanks
still a giants fan this year :(
pizz
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:22 pm

how about just lee? that is robert e. lee...jk

although i have no problems with confederacy flag, yea it rubs a lot of people the wrong way. if you must have a confederate flag, you can use "stars and bars" instead of the rebel battle flag.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Red Sox Nation » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:50 pm

What they said about the confederate flag. I believe it is illegal to conspire against the U.S. (such as the confederate states). So yeah... not so good on those terms. :-/
[url=http://omgitspeter.googlepages.com/home]My Graphics[/url]

Red Sox Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:54 pm

Red Sox Nation wrote:What they said about the confederate flag. I believe it is illegal to conspire against the U.S. (such as the confederate states). So yeah... not so good on those terms. :-/

Well considering Mississippi still uses it in their state flag, it's not like you are not allowed to use it...but generally people wouldn't do something to showcase it.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Red Sox Nation » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:12 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
Red Sox Nation wrote:What they said about the confederate flag. I believe it is illegal to conspire against the U.S. (such as the confederate states). So yeah... not so good on those terms. :-/

Well considering Mississippi still uses it in their state flag, it's not like you are not allowed to use it...but generally people wouldn't do something to showcase it.

Oy.

Maybe it's just cuz I live here in the Northeast, cuz seriously, I doubt I would ever live in the "deep south".
[url=http://omgitspeter.googlepages.com/home]My Graphics[/url]

Red Sox Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:34 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
Red Sox Nation wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:

Oy.

Maybe it's just cuz I live here in the Northeast, cuz seriously, I doubt I would ever live in the "deep south".

i feel you on that point ;-7

Same here. Unless it was Miami or something, I'm all set with the South.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:36 pm

a good fun book to get you informed about southerners/confederacy culture is "confederates in the attic" if anyones interested. from what i gather, in some communities holidays like robert e. lee and stonewall jackson's birthdays are still celebrated and its very intruiging how some have never really moved on from the war and still believe in the "cause." of course non of the yankees (northerners), remember or care about the war of the rebellion (civil war), but it seems like it is a big deal down there and it has shaped their cultural identity.

honestly, some people take the flag the wrong way though. for many it stands for southern pride, rebellion, etc. but because slavery and racism was tolerated under the flag, many assume that the flag owners are racist or white supremacist.

sorry for going off topic.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Next

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests