Another Waiver Question - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Another Waiver Question

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Another Waiver Question

Postby MHD » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:36 am

Dynasty League, got the #1 waiver....
We draft a limited number of minor leaguers each year forcing the rest to be picked up through waivers... (usually minor leaguers who will come up that year)

This year, basically down to Andrew Miller or Matt Garza... wait for Miller or use the pick now on Garza. Don't really need Garza to help me this year.
MHD
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hybrid » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:11 am

I'd go for Garza for a couple reasons. First being that he has already gone through the minors and put up great numbers with no injuries. Second thing being that I don't think there is any guarantee that Miller will be added to Yahoo. Since he will be pitching in relief there is no way to know when Yahoo will add him, and it's questionable how much they would use him after a long year for him. I doubt they would give him much work at all, maybe in a blow out here or there. But the point being Yahoo doesn't have a set amount of inning and when someone is added, so you don't want to wait and end up getting no one with your #1 waiver spot.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby FantasyGURU802 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:10 pm

hybrid wrote:I'd go for Garza for a couple reasons. First being that he has already gone through the minors and put up great numbers with no injuries. Second thing being that I don't think there is any guarantee that Miller will be added to Yahoo. Since he will be pitching in relief there is no way to know when Yahoo will add him, and it's questionable how much they would use him after a long year for him. I doubt they would give him much work at all, maybe in a blow out here or there. But the point being Yahoo doesn't have a set amount of inning and when someone is added, so you don't want to wait and end up getting no one with your #1 waiver spot.

Agreed ;-D
[b]Member of the SGMKL[/b]
[b]THE FANTASY GURU[/b]
FantasyGURU802
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby MHD » Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:13 am

hybrid wrote:I'd go for Garza for a couple reasons. First being that he has already gone through the minors and put up great numbers with no injuries. Second thing being that I don't think there is any guarantee that Miller will be added to Yahoo. Since he will be pitching in relief there is no way to know when Yahoo will add him, and it's questionable how much they would use him after a long year for him. I doubt they would give him much work at all, maybe in a blow out here or there. But the point being Yahoo doesn't have a set amount of inning and when someone is added, so you don't want to wait and end up getting no one with your #1 waiver spot.

This is exactly what I am debating with myself. It is a big risk waiting for Miller assuming he stays healthy. Conservative vs gamble.... I am lucky enough where I can take the gamble, but having the #1 waiver all year waiting for the late season call ups hate to get blanked.

Chage your mind if I have the likes of: Cain, Felix, Pelfrey to go with Harden, Sheets, Oswalt and Brett Myers?
MHD
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Minor League & College Baseball