where is figgins? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

where is figgins?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby StudentOfTheGame » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:38 pm

Ursa wrote:
StudentOfTheGame wrote:
iftn wrote:is he playing tonight or should i start lugo?

He'll probably play against the righty Jake Westbrook....I would start him.

Hmmm. Even though I'm a Figgins owner, I'd tend to start Lugo over him right now.

I don't know...Lugo has been batting in the 7 hole for an NL lineup...Atleast Figgins is still in the leadoff spot.
StudentOfTheGame
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby johnsamo » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:45 pm

It's a series of things... He had played a lot of games with no breaks and the Angels are in the first part of a game-every day marathon, so he's sat a few recently to rest him, plus the emergence of Izturus and Kendrick means he's needed less in the infield. Used to, He played 3rd a lot, which Izturus is at most of the time, and against lefties, he was at 2nd a lot for Kennedy, now Kendrick does that... So he's becoming much more and OF now than a utility guy.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby PerfectTen66 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:46 pm

Well, he's in the lineup tonight against the left handed Cliff Lee. I think it was just a simple night off. Everyone needs to calm down on him. Everyone gets day off especially in the middle of a slump. He will be fine.
PerfectTen66
College Coach
College Coach

Postby StudentOfTheGame » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:45 pm

PerfectTen66 wrote:Well, he's in the lineup tonight against the left handed Cliff Lee. I think it was just a simple night off. Everyone needs to calm down on him. Everyone gets day off especially in the middle of a slump. He will be fine.

Got himself two hits against Lee too...That's encouraging.
StudentOfTheGame
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby johnsamo » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:37 am

Wasn't really a slump. He has had a high number of "hit'em where they are" line drives recently.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Richie Rich » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:23 am

johnsamo wrote:Wasn't really a slump. He has had a high number of "hit'em where they are" line drives recently.

good to know thanks ;-D
C:Sandoval 1B:Teixeira 2B:Ramirez 3B:Huff SS:Rollins OF:Crawford OF:Markakis OF:Kemp U:Holliday U:Morneau B: Werth DL: Lowell
SP Billingsley Shields Verlander Lackey Romero Hughes
RP Cordero Bell Bailey Francisco
DL Dempster
Richie Rich
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Drunken Rhino » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:20 pm

Not in a slump? Are you serious? Over the last 10 games, he is 10-44, only 2 RBI, 1 SB and and 2 R! That's terrible production for a guy who is supposed to help you in R & SB. That's what I call the definition of a slump.

But yes, he has back to back 2 hit games against the Indians and could very well be coming out of it. But let's admit it, he WAS in a slump and hopefully coming out of it.
Drunken Rhino
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Loveable Losers » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:24 pm

Drunken Rhino wrote:Not in a slump? Are you serious? Over the last 10 games, he is 10-44, only 2 RBI, 1 SB and and 2 R! That's terrible production for a guy who is supposed to help you in R & SB. That's what I call the definition of a slump.

But yes, he has back to back 2 hit games against the Indians and could very well be coming out of it. But let's admit it, he WAS in a slump and hopefully coming out of it.

You can go 10-44 and still be hitting the ball solidly just as you can go 10-24 and be hitting like crap and just getting lucky. I'd trust johnsamo when it comes to the Angels as I'm pretty sure he watches close to every game.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby Drunken Rhino » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:34 pm

I believe him too when it comes to Angels players. I just refuse to call a guy who has hit .227 not in a slump, I don't care if he's nearly tearing off guys heads w/ line drives and guys are only catching the ball in self protection. It's a slump.

Not trying to attack johnsamo, just calling Figgins lack of fantasy production like I see it.
Drunken Rhino
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Loveable Losers » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:55 pm

Drunken Rhino wrote:I believe him too when it comes to Angels players. I just refuse to call a guy who has hit .227 not in a slump, I don't care if he's nearly tearing off guys heads w/ line drives and guys are only catching the ball in self protection. It's a slump.

Not trying to attack johnsamo, just calling Figgins lack of fantasy production like I see it.

Depends on what you call a slump. If you call a slump a 'lack of fantasy production' then yep, Figgins is in a slump. However, if you only call it a slump if the hitter is having poor at bats then it sounds like Figgins isn't slumping - he's just been unlucky.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates