The Post Here ASAP When Matt Garza Is Yahoo Available Thread - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

The Post Here ASAP When Matt Garza Is Yahoo Available Thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby masarume » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:14 pm

kingman... i had hamels in one of my leagues and i picked him up way before he amassed 3 starts

nobody likes a liar

especially a stubborn one
masarume

Hockey Mod
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby kingman33 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:36 pm

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kingman33
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:25 pm

Lets all relax on the name calling. :-°

As far as Garza being in yahoo, that is totally up to yahoo when they want to add him. Hopefully it will be done before his 2nd start, but before you start complaining please remember yahoo is a free service. :-°
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kingman33 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:42 pm

Thanks for the intelligent response,its nice to know not everybody in this forum is 12 years old.
kingman33
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby kbarre » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:19 pm

Like I mentioned earlier in this thread, I had Hamels picked up the DAY he got his FIRST start....My comissioner waived the waiver waiting period. But still, Yahoo had him available for some reason. I'm gonna guess it was because he was just dominating AAA and enough people wanted him in the player universe.

I'm telling you, email Yahoo, and he'd be available. I emailed three times. They actually "claim" to have a system, but the system doesn't explain why they just plain call some people up without a start (Hamels).
kbarre
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigmoney » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:58 pm

kbarre wrote:I'm telling you, email Yahoo, and he'd be available. I emailed three times. They actually "claim" to have a system, but the system doesn't explain why they just plain call some people up without a start (Hamels).

Man I hope whoever's emailing Yahoo about a player eligibility is playing fantasy baseball for a lotta money.
bigmoney
College Coach
College Coach

Postby underdog311 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:52 pm

bigmoney wrote:
kbarre wrote:I'm telling you, email Yahoo, and he'd be available. I emailed three times. They actually "claim" to have a system, but the system doesn't explain why they just plain call some people up without a start (Hamels).

Man I hope whoever's emailing Yahoo about a player eligibility is playing fantasy baseball for a lotta money.

Do people play fantasy baseball seriously with no money involved? I can't imagine that...every league I am in is worth $500 or more.
underdog311
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby digger3122 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:44 pm

bigmoney wrote:Man I hope whoever's emailing Yahoo about a player eligibility is playing fantasy baseball for a lotta money.

What's so hard about sending an email?
digger3122 Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby CT Smash » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:50 am

3 times?!?!?! If it's not for money then someone's got some problems...
CT Smash
College Coach
College Coach

Postby birty74 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:33 pm

I agree that going ballistic over the way Yahoo chooses to add new players is a solid example of losing perspective. It IS only a game, and it certainly isn't worth ruining a day over.

That being said, I wish quite strongly that Yahoo would do things properly and add players immediately upon call-up. I want to be rewarded for my research and study. I lost Liriano, and know that there's always a chance that your big stud goes down. So throughout the season I keep track of "lightning-in-a-bottle" type prospects in case of such an event.

I've been tracking Garza (and Hirsh) most of the season.

Had Yahoo added Garza and Hirsh immediately, they would nearly be through waivers (I think), and whoever won the claim would be close to owning them.

In the time that Yahoo has waited, Garza's name (and Hirsh's to a lesser extent) has been plastered all over the place.

I opened up the sports section of the pathetic big-market newspaper in my area this morning, only to find his name in big headlines on the baseball page.

"Well, there goes my chance of getting him seeing that I have number 13 waiver priority," I said to myself.

Some idiot in my league with his head planted up his arse is going to grab Garza because he was in the newspaper.

So it's a legitimate gripe, even though it's one of relatively minor significance.

I will never play in a Yahoo league again. $500 is riding on first place, and I'm not going to leave deal-breakers in the hands of morons.

Yahoo needs to get a clue.
birty74
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates