Liriano headed to DL - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Liriano headed to DL

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ZFever » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:11 pm

An MRI showed that Francisco Liriano has a mild chronic strain of his ulnar collateral ligament, and a clinical exam revealed weakness and stiffness in his shoulder that is causing the soreness in his forearm near his elbow. His status for the rest of the season is uncertain.

This is exactly why we didn't have Liriano as one of the game's top 5-10 prospects entering the season; the talent was obvious, but he was always at very high risk for additional arm problems. Twins physician Dr. John Steubs said Thursday night that he was "optimistic, but not totally confident" that Liriano would pitch again in 2006. The Twins are going to be cautious, even if it means sabotaging their wild-card chances
ZFever
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Another Blown Save » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:11 pm

Rotoworld wrote:An MRI showed that Francisco Liriano has a mild chronic strain of his ulnar collateral ligament, and a clinical exam revealed weakness and stiffness in his shoulder that is causing the soreness in his forearm near his elbow. His status for the rest of the season is uncertain.
This is exactly why we didn't have Liriano as one of the game's top 5-10 prospects entering the season; the talent was obvious, but he was always at very high risk for additional arm problems. Twins physician Dr. John Steubs said Thursday night that he was "optimistic, but not totally confident" that Liriano would pitch again in 2006. The Twins are going to be cautious, even if it means sabotaging their wild-card chances.
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby flowbee » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:25 pm

I guess he wont be a 1st or second rounder next year
flowbee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby underdog311 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:40 pm

bazzy_51 wrote:...now this guy is tellin me he will take eric chavez for him...

I would never do that deal. Chavez is not all that great, and if Liriano comes back for September, 30 innings of Liriano will be worth more then two months of Eric Chavez.

I have Liriano and he is not going anywhere, just to my DL spot. I have Clemens, I'm ok.
underdog311
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby avstars » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:59 am

If the Twins weren't in the playoff race or falls completely out of it, then I guess they would shut him down. Right now they just gotta be careful with him.
avstars
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates