Liriano headed to DL - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Liriano headed to DL

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BUCCOFAN » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:36 pm

I am in a keeper league, (auction style) if I can still get something for him, should I move him????

F.Liriano $3 (one more year @ that salary)

Thoughts?

I am currently in first place, so this is a real downer.... :~(
BUCCOFAN
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 278)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rentz » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:43 pm

if he is out for an extended period of time , i might as well kiss 2 of my leagues season goodbye....he's kept me afloat, and to think i pretty much deemend him untouchable on one roster.
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Starkmadfan » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:48 pm

rentz wrote:if he is out for an extended period of time , i might as well kiss 2 of my leagues season goodbye....he's kept me afloat, and to think i pretty much deemend him untouchable on one roster.

Facing the same problem - in one league, my only losses were when he didn't win . The real frustration is not having grabbed other pitchers such as Saunders, Maine, or Olsen when I had the chance because I didn't want to weaken my depth at other positions.......
Help me out here? : http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2321827#2321827

Artwork by madaslives911
Starkmadfan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby scr » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:55 pm

To the poster in the auction league, be advised that if you sell now, you selling way low. Let's assume Francisco is out the remainder of the year. He will come back healthy next year, and should be a stud for 3 bucks.

We all had to know this kid was going to run into some problems this time of year. He's a keeper on my team next year for 5 bucks, and I plan on keeping him. I drafted extra pitchers (Hamels and Lester) in anticipation of a slowdown between Liriano and Verlander.

Pitching, in general, suffers this time of year. Hopefully you can plug in someone who can pick up the slack.
scr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TurdFerguson » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:58 pm

Philliebuster wrote:Funny thing, during the Angels game last night, the announcers responded to an update of the Twins game/Liriano. Both agreed that they though Liriano would be destined for being a closer, because he throws a 97 mph fastball, and has a wicked delivery for the slider, noting his past arm (elbow?) troubles. His delivery may be too wicked to sustain a long term successful career as a starter. This would be a shame because he is so talented.
This is complete crap.His delivery is not that violent.They have already examined his elbow and found nothing wrong.I think we should all wait until a report comes out before jumping to conclusions
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby mdHARRIS » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:01 pm

If any of you subscribe to Baseball Notebook, Luciani's crew discussed his past injury problems and the fact that his arm would be put to the test in the second half, and to watch out for a second-half "nosedive."
He was keeping my staff afloat too...
I wish Wednesday would get here and Minnesota would release news on the severity of the injury and place him on the DL so we all can make a move soon.
mdHARRIS
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rentz » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:04 pm

mdHARRIS wrote:If any of you subscribe to Baseball Notebook, Luciani's crew discussed his past injury problems and the fact that his arm would be put to the test in the second half, and to watch out for a second-half "nosedive."
He was keeping my staff afloat too...
I wish Wednesday would get here and Minnesota would release news on the severity of the injury and place him on the DL so we all can make a move soon.

i'm half tempted to start making trade offers dealing away liriano now :-D
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby balmlb119 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:06 pm

A2J wrote:Wish I traded him when I had the chance...

I did... and got Travis Hafner out of it. ;-D
balmlb119
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby KTM » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:09 pm

TurdFerguson wrote:
Philliebuster wrote:Funny thing, during the Angels game last night, the announcers responded to an update of the Twins game/Liriano. Both agreed that they though Liriano would be destined for being a closer, because he throws a 97 mph fastball, and has a wicked delivery for the slider, noting his past arm (elbow?) troubles. His delivery may be too wicked to sustain a long term successful career as a starter. This would be a shame because he is so talented.
This is complete crap.His delivery is not that violent.They have already examined his elbow and found nothing wrong.I think we should all wait until a report comes out before jumping to conclusions

Ya that is crap. I was always impressed at how easily he threw his stuff. He had past arm problems before he got to the Twins. Used to throw quarter arm delivery. The Twins changed it to over the top to avoid injury. He'll be fine.
KTM
College Coach
College Coach

Postby duckmonkey » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:35 pm

Hey, now I won't have to drop anyone to bring Kazmir off the DL.
duckmonkey
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates