When will Cameron Maybin be called up? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

When will Cameron Maybin be called up?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Cameron Maybin 1 of a kind...

Postby mcqfesijiba » Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:22 pm

hayseed wrote:
wysewunn05 wrote:I project that Cameron Maybin will skip High A ball jumping into AA, then from AA jumping into AAA following Year...

If Detroit is smart, they will properly bring Cameron into the Majors by 2008... The tigers will be a playoff contender for the next 3 years in this case with a dazzling OF and speed to go with it!!!

Detroit's OF situation is already sticky, how is it going to look for the next few years, including Maybin??
If Maybin is anywhere near as good as many think he is, then nobody is going to block him in the outfield, so I wouldn't worry about that.

So that leaves Maybin and Granderson. Despite Granderson's very good play in CF, I think Maybin has the speed to move Granderson to LF. Ordonez will still be under contract meaning he'll probably still be in RF or DHing. Of all the Tigers OF prospects other than Maybin, Clevlen looks like the one who has the best chance of figuring into the teams future plans. Then there's always the possibility of a free agent or trade.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball