I blew it. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

I blew it.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby jdh » Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:44 pm

Edmonds has been hitting very poorly since the all star break, so I'd consider benching him. Williams has also not been great since coming off the DL, and Jones has been slumping after a good first half and has had nagging injuries too. I would probably start Crawford, especially if you are tight in steals.

Whether or not the teams that can't hurt you have anything you need really doesn't matter. Since your innings are eaten up, none of your pitchers have any value to you right now. Try to trade them to a team that can hurt your primary opposition by moving up in pitching categories. Even if you get back players that are of no use to you, at least you are getting value from your pitchers because they will be on another team hurting your chief opponents.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JRRNeiklot » Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:49 pm

So, go with Bonds, Crawford, Wells, and Huff?
JRRNeiklot
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 23)

Postby jdh » Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:51 pm

Yeah, those are the four I'd go with right now. Of course, if Edmonds or Jones shows signs of getting hot, make the switch. Huff is absolutely on fire right now and so is Crawford.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby JRRNeiklot » Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:55 pm

Also, I don't think I can hurt anyone. The other two guys who have a chance are neck and neck with me in wins and saves, so if anyone hurt them, they'd be hurting me as well. And other than us 3, no one is even close to the top in any pitching stat.
JRRNeiklot
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 23)

Postby jdh » Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:02 pm

In that case, both of them will almost certainly pass you in wins if they have innings left, taking you down 2 points, and possibly in strikeouts too. You have to hope that their pitchers get lit up, increasing their ERA and WHIP to let you recover the points.

I would offer the guy that has Nomar his choice of any combination of your pitchers for Nomar. If there's any chance that adding Nomar or another player can help you move up in other categories, you have to give them whatever they want for pitchers, since your pitchers are now useless to you. Try to offer something like Cabrera and Brown for Nomar, that's a huge upgrade. Also, look and see if you can trade Edmonds or A.Jones combined with a pitcher for a better hitter like Manny, Maggs, etc. Both Edmonds and Jones have been awful lately, but have good overall stats which should give them good trade value still.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers