STRATEGY TIME....... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

STRATEGY TIME.......

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:47 pm

Brokentusks9 wrote:Wheres Lofunzo at? Have you decided anything?

Keep us updated, I want to know how it turns out! ;-D

Where I'm at is that I am just going to do a wait and see right now. I will definitely play my hitters. As of right now, I am also going to sit Harden (I think), Perez (definitely), and BK. Other than that, I will leave my closers in because they could help my ERA and WHIP but a bad inning shouldn't kill it.

Yahoo just added the Sunday starts for Nomo (who I think is being rested), Miller @ SD, and Willis @ MTL. Out of those, I will start Miller if necessary. At least for those, I can wait.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ramble2 » Thu Sep 04, 2003 7:16 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
Brokentusks9 wrote:Wheres Lofunzo at? Have you decided anything?

Keep us updated, I want to know how it turns out! ;-D

Where I'm at is that I am just going to do a wait and see right now. I will definitely play my hitters. As of right now, I am also going to sit Harden (I think), Perez (definitely), and BK. Other than that, I will leave my closers in because they could help my ERA and WHIP but a bad inning shouldn't kill it.

Yahoo just added the Sunday starts for Nomo (who I think is being rested), Miller @ SD, and Willis @ MTL. Out of those, I will start Miller if necessary. At least for those, I can wait.

Sounds like a good plan. I'd definitely sit BK vs. the Yanks. Willis vs. MTL might not be a bad start either, but I would do it only if your ERA is safe.
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 5)

Postby HoratioSandoval » Fri Sep 05, 2003 1:59 am

Hmmm... I think it'd be tough to settle with a sub .300 average... Maybe after Friday's games it'd be OK... By Sunday, you could almost mathematically eliminate the other team.
HoratioSandoval
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Super GM » Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:35 am

Madison wrote:I'd start my hitters and start Harden. Bench Perez. Then make sure you say your prayers. :-b Good luck.
What else is left to say?! Madison has spoken and he's right too! :-D ;-D
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:32 pm

UPDATE TIME.......It seems like I am 1 and done in the playoffs. I played all of my hitters but they forgot how to drive in or score runs. I selectively started my pitchers and it cost me big time. I sat Dontrelle at the Little League field in San Juan and his win would have tied me up for the week, giving me the win because of tiebreakers. Now I'm left to hope that Abreu wakes up and scores 2 runs. Seeing as the Phils are only going to get up 4 or 5 more times, my chances aren't good. I actually need 1 run to tie and 2 for the outright win. If I tie, he has Telemaucho pitching so if he wins and I don't get 2 runs, it's bye bye time. :-t :~( :-P :~( :-t :~( :-P
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers