Rich Harden - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Rich Harden

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rich Harden

Postby djenders » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:56 pm

Anyone have any further news or updates on Harden. I'm in a keeper league, trade deadline has passed and just 2 weeks till our post season. If he'd start in the next 3-5 weeks I'd keep him but haven't heard a thing in a long time on him...

Wondering if I should drop him outright for help winning NOW. I doubt I'd keep him, but someone else might snag him as a keeper.
djenders
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:34 pm

someone else would snag him as a keeper, pretty much for sure...if you need help this year then just drop him...i doubt he'll come back and even if he does the chances of him doing well are very slim...if you like where you are this year and need an extra boost for the playoffs then i would go ahead and drop him

Please help:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... 05#1844205
"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby phillyphaithphul » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:19 am

Just read this:

Rich Harden (elbow) is on the verge of beginning a throwing program and still hopes to pitch this season.

"All I know is, I'm ready to go," Harden said. "I'm hoping it's sooner rather than later. I want to get going. In my mind, I'll be fine and come back. I try to think positively. When we start up, I've got to go nice and easy and not get too excited about throwing again. We don't want to rush ourselves here."
phillyphaithphul
College Coach
College Coach

Postby nolanwood » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:55 am

"There's no timetable yet on his return," Beane said of Harden. "We'll have a better idea when we come back from the road trip [tomorrow]. If he still struggles throwing, we might have to take the next step. The next medical step."

Which would be exploratory surgery, said Beane, adding, "It's not imminent."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/columnist ... columnists
nolanwood
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Philliebuster » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:27 pm

jake_twothousandfive wrote:someone else would snag him as a keeper, pretty much for sure...if you need help this year then just drop him...i doubt he'll come back and even if he does the chances of him doing well are very slim...if you like where you are this year and need an extra boost for the playoffs then i would go ahead and drop him

Please help:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... 05#1844205

If you had any other options, not sure how one could keep Harden on their squad. He is a real big uncertainty, hasn't pitched over 200 innings in a season. If you have a league where you keep 5-6-7 players, I'd think you would keep someone with a little better track record. The upside is tempting however.
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby djenders » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:45 pm

phillyphaithphul where did you snag that info from? If he did throw over the enxt few days and was back in two weeks I'd definitely keep him for the stretch run. I am in second place, highest scoring team and think he'd be an asset.

Although at this point I am tempted to drop him for Garza on the chance he gets the call with Liriano headed to the DL.
djenders
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Philliebuster » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:47 pm

djenders wrote:phillyphaithphul where did you snag that info from? If he did throw over the enxt few days and was back in two weeks I'd definitely keep him for the stretch run. I am in second place, highest scoring team and think he'd be an asset.

Although at this point I am tempted to drop him for Garza on the chance he gets the call with Liriano headed to the DL.

No, i'm just saying I wouldn't keep him for next season if he doesn't pitch and show that he can stay healthy. If there is a chance he can pitch again this season I would hang onto him to help my team down the stretch.
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby phillyphaithphul » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:16 pm

djenders wrote:phillyphaithphul where did you snag that info from? If he did throw over the enxt few days and was back in two weeks I'd definitely keep him for the stretch run. I am in second place, highest scoring team and think he'd be an asset.

Here's the entire article:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... KBQIL1.DTL
phillyphaithphul
College Coach
College Coach

Postby absolut typical » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:52 pm

should i drop him??? is he really gonna come back and be effective??
absolut typical
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby schmidty » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:10 pm

absolut typical wrote:should i drop him??? is he really gonna come back and be effective??

Not considering keeper-league issues, and if you don't have the DL spot, he's very droppable. Though Harden's quote sounds optimistic, the manager's in that article doesn't (especially if you read between the lines). If you figure its a minimum of 4 weeks from the time he starts throwing until he's back in the majors -- times just about running out.
schmidty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates