Nomo has inflamed rotator cuff - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Nomo has inflamed rotator cuff

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby jdh » Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:04 am

wrveres wrote:
jdh wrote:Well, it could not even be a serious injury. It could just be that he is on pace to throw way more innings than he ever has in his career.

TSN is now reporting that they have pushed Nomo's start back to Tuesday. That's not necessarily a bad thing for fantasy owners, because he now starts in Arizona instead of in Colorado.

and then twice next week..........

YES yes ..yes yes eys ...

1st week of playoffs ... what an emotional rush JDH ... from long faces to elation......Please stop.. :-)

Yeah, not only that but the two starts come in Arizona and at home vs San Diego, two fairly weak offenses, so very favorable playoff matchups.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:12 am

jdh wrote:
wrveres wrote:
jdh wrote:Well, it could not even be a serious injury. It could just be that he is on pace to throw way more innings than he ever has in his career.

TSN is now reporting that they have pushed Nomo's start back to Tuesday. That's not necessarily a bad thing for fantasy owners, because he now starts in Arizona instead of in Colorado.

and then twice next week..........

YES yes ..yes yes eys ...

1st week of playoffs ... what an emotional rush JDH ... from long faces to elation......Please stop.. :-)

Yeah, not only that but the two starts come in Arizona and at home vs San Diego, two fairly weak offenses, so very favorable playoff matchups.

San Diego ..

HAD ..

A weak offense .. :-)
Not anymore!!!
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby jdh » Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:14 am

Well Klesko is now out, so that takes it down a notch. It's still a below average offense in a pitcher's park, which makes it a great matchup.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby wrveres » Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:07 am

jdh wrote:Well Klesko is now out, so that takes it down a notch. It's still a below average offense in a pitcher's park, which makes it a great matchup.

Agreed.. but I still won't start him in SD unless I have to, to win ... Call me a homer..... :-)
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby Madison » Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:56 am

wrveres wrote:I still won't start him in SD unless I have to, to win ... Call me a homer..... :-)

HOMER!

Hehe. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby jdh » Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:25 am

Now aparently Nomo is only questionable to make the Tuesday start against the DBacks:

DODGER REPORT
Nomo's MRI Reveals Some Inflammation

By Ben Bolch, Times Staff Writer

Hideo Nomo will miss at least his next start after an MRI exam Wednesday revealed inflammation in his rotator cuff. Dodger officials say they believe the diagnosis is related to fatigue and should not sideline the 15-game winner for an extended period.

"That's a whole lot better than finding an injury," pitching coach Jim Colborn said. "It's just overuse or tiredness."

In a rare acknowledgment by the typically reserved right-hander, Nomo told Colborn on Monday after his last start — a five-inning outing against Houston in which he gave up nine hits and four runs (two earned) — that he felt a loss of zip on his fastball. He did not experience pain or feel weakness in his shoulder, however.

"A Japanese writer said it's a little unusual Nomo would come to his coach and say something specific," Colborn said. "In my experience with him, it is unusual. He doesn't ever express any complaints."

Colborn saluted Nomo's forthrightness, calling it "the right thing to do."

Wilson Alvarez is scheduled to take Nomo's turn in the rotation Sunday against the Colorado Rockies. Colborn said he expects Nomo to throw a bullpen session Sunday, and if there are no setbacks, Nomo could make his next start Tuesday against the Arizona Diamondbacks.

Nomo (15-11) has pitched 200 1/3 innings this season and was on pace to challenge his personal record of 228 1/3 in 1996. Nomo has pitched at least 190 innings in each of the last four seasons, prompting Manager Jim Tracy to label him "a warrior."

Nomo went 4-0 with a 3.32 earned-run average and 46 strikeouts in 40 2/3 innings last September, but Colborn rejected the notion that the Dodgers couldn't win the wild-card race without him.

"If you're trying to imply that if he's not here that we don't have a chance," Colborn said, "I'd say that's the farthest thing from being the reality."

Nomo declined to comment.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Madison » Thu Sep 04, 2003 1:28 pm

Thanks for the update Jdh. Guess we'll just have to wait and see...
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers