Livan Hernandez traded... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Livan Hernandez traded...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Livan Hernandez traded...

Postby checkers » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:13 pm

The Washington Nationals today acquired a pair of 23 year-old starting pitchers, righthander Garrett Mock and lefthander Matt Chico, from the Arizona Diamondbacks in exchange for right-handed pitcher Livan Hernandez. Nationals Vice President and General Manager Jim Bowden made the announcement.
checkers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Loveable Losers » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:32 pm

:-? Those guys better not be worth anything down the road since I'd almost rather have Steven Drew as my SP than Livan. At least he can hit while grooving 80 mph fastballs for people to tee off on. !+)
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby FalcoAtL » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:58 pm

According to Rotoworld Chico, the better of the two, will turn into no more than a good setup guy, while Mock projects as a middle of the rotation guy. I like this deal for the Dbacks even though Livan has turned into a fly ball pitcher and is heading to one of the most notorious hitter's parks. Livan gives them a legitimate #2 guy behind Webb and he also has had good success against SF and SD in the past couple starts. He may have a large contract and not a great fastball, but I'll take him over 2 non-top tier prospects any day.
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby The Loveable Losers » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:20 am

FalcoAtL wrote:According to Rotoworld Chico, the better of the two, will turn into no more than a good setup guy, while Mock projects as a middle of the rotation guy. I like this deal for the Dbacks even though Livan has turned into a fly ball pitcher and is heading to one of the most notorious hitter's parks. Livan gives them a legitimate #2 guy behind Webb and he also has had good success against SF and SD in the past couple starts. He may have a large contract and not a great fastball, but I'll take him over 2 non-top tier prospects any day.

I don't know if Livan even slots as a #2 for the D'backs right now but if the prospects weren't that big of a deal at least Livan can eat innings. He's very good at eating...innings, Big Mac's, Krispy Kremes...pretty much anything you put in front of him.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Return to Injuries & Player Updates