Jason Davis new Indians closer? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Jason Davis new Indians closer?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jason Davis new Indians closer?

Postby skibz00 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:29 pm

He is next in line... with the way carmona has been pitching could you see this change happpening or do you think they will keep carmona?
Skibz
skibz00
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

How about Betancourt?

Postby Stickhorse » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:53 pm

Is it official? Davis or Betancourt?

Many depth charts have Betancourt as the next in line.
Stickhorse
T-Ball Trainer

Postby Super Manny » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:25 pm

I responded to this post in the Baseball Leftovers forum, but am copying it here.

Yes, Carmona has officially been ousted at closer for the time being; however, the Indians still would like him to develop into the role for the future.

I think everyone is really jumping the gun when signing Davis, though. Getting him right now is merely speculative, as he and Betancourt are the favorites to take over as closer. I'd assume people are going after Davis rather than Betancourt since Davis is the only reliever in the Tribe pen with a save right now (it's worth noting that he picked up the save when Betancourt was unavailable to pitch). Refer to this quote from the Akron Beacon Journal (http://www.ohio.com/mld/beaconjournal/15213748.htm)
Akron Beacon Journal wrote:In the meantime, the likely candidates to close are Rafael Betancourt and Jason Davis, at least that was the case on Sunday.

``We'll see how it goes and take it day by day,'' said Wedge of his choices for closer the rest of the season.

Asked whether he would pick one reliever to close and stick with him, Wedge said, ``We have to have more extensive conversations about that.''

Personally, my money is still on Betancourt. Between the two, he is the superior pitcher. ;-D

"When you don't feel good and you still get hits, that's when you know you are a bad man." -Manuel A. Ramirez
Super Manny
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics Expert

Thanks Super Manny!

Postby Stickhorse » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:35 pm

Thanks Super Manny!

Obivously I'm new around here and I didn't know where to look. Is leftovers a place to find a link about closers?
Stickhorse
T-Ball Trainer

Postby The Loveable Losers » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:41 pm

The 167 Page and Growing 2006 Closer Watch Thread

I recommend subscribing to receive email notification every time that thread gets a post...it's usually the first spot to receive updates to the closer situations.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Return to Injuries & Player Updates