Dynasty League Help - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Dynasty League Help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dynasty League Help

Postby bstack921 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:26 pm

I have made a dynasty league done through Yahoo! and was wondering if anyone could share some light on how people have successfully put a farm system to their league. This is the 1st year and it seems like a waste to have prospects on your major roster when there still in the minors. So, any help on accomplishing this would be greatly appreciated even if someone knows of a different website to do this in.

Thanks.
bstack921
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ja515y » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:57 pm

For the dynasty league I'm in we just have a lot of bench and DL spots. That way you have enough spots for your starters, bench players, and somewhat of a farm system( a player or 2 ). This also creates more strategy. Do you use those extra spots for more major league players or for that farm system? Depends if you have the patience.
ja515y
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bstack921 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:31 pm

Thanks For The Post.

Yeah right now we have a 30 man roster and 5 DL spots if needed. It seems to work but with all the good prospects out there it seems like some are being wasted being unclaimed and managers are just waiting till they start producing instead of doing the scouting and having them on their team for the long haul. This is why I'm trying to develop a minor league team so the best manager get the best talent instead of picking up a hot/quick fix.
bstack921
T-Ball Trainer

Postby Kingctb27 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:41 pm

Well, I just joined a dynasty this year and it is set-up really well, imo. We had our normal draft, then had a 2 round minor leauge draft once the season started. We also have 5 DL spots and also benches that have around 10 players I believe...
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

minor league system

Postby pjalst » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:53 pm

If you're just using the Yahoo site to keep track of your prospects it's very difficult. The League i'm in has a website where all of your teams prospects are listed. When a prospect gets called up to the majors in real life, you can ad him to your roster if you want. There are 5 open roster spots dedicated to players that are called up during the season. Since we have contracts in our league, a called up palyer must be signed to a rookie contract(ours is$3/3 years). If you decide not to call up a rookie that has been called up in real life and he has attained 150 AB or 70 innings pitched during the season, he must be signed in the off season or released to free agency. The system works well, i'm sure you can adjust it to meet you leagues need. first and formost, if you don't have a league site, I suggest you start one up. Come check out our site and rules. By the way we do have 2 openings to fill. Go to Master Roster and look at the numbered teams http://rotosalary1.proboards100.com/index.cgi
pjalst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 65)

Return to Baseball Leftovers