blue jays sig request - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests

blue jays sig request

Moderators: deluxe_247, kimchi_chigae, Mookie4ever, Baseball Moderators

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:42 am

South Park Cows wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:i also find it weird because ROC is known as one of the most critical members here at the cafe when it comes to sigs...im pretty sure he could find at least 1 major thing wrong with each sig ( not disagreeing or agreeing, just stating) so i find it weird that he would offer a request for anyone to take.

Oh no... hang him. I don't see how him having the balls to actually speak the truth about the cafe's sigs has anything to do with him requesting one. Maybe he's just taking a break and wants a new sig as a change of pace. You guys jumped too fast.

1. i was joking and just said i found it "weird" not terrible or bad or we should banish him....

2. "i dont see how him having the balls to actually speak the truth about the cafe's _____ sigs has anything to do with him requesting one" this is the weird thing...if he finds them so 'poopy' (which im sure he doesnt, he just nit-picks, which is fine) why would he then ask for said 'poopy' sig in return....YOU sir, appear to be the one who is blowing this thing out of proportion..

im really done with this, because like i said ITS NOT A BIG DEAL

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby South Park Cows » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:03 am

How to respond to such bs...

Let's see... both of you blew this out of proprotion by starting and continuing the bashing of ROC. He never did anything wrong. Just because he actually critiques sigs (unlike the rest of you) doesn't mean he's not entitled to a sig made by designers he believes can do a better job than him. And he doesn't need to be great in order to give out criticism that cafe has neglected for so long, and it gives him a step ahead at being a better designer than anybody else here can dream about. You guys seriously need to loosen up.
South Park Cows
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:14 am

South Park Cows wrote:How to respond to such bs...

Let's see... both of you blew this out of proprotion by starting and continuing the bashing of ROC. He never did anything wrong. Just because he actually critiques sigs (unlike the rest of you) doesn't mean he's not entitled to a sig made by designers he believes can do a better job than him. And he doesn't need to be great in order to give out criticism that cafe has neglected for so long, and it gives him a step ahead at being a better designer than anybody else here can dream about. You guys seriously need to loosen up.

can you please show me a quote where i "bashed him"???? :-?

was it "strange to see an artist like yourself request something, no?"

or

"yeah usually when you're talking about a specific style such as bp's paint sigs or somethin like that. this seems like a fairly simple request, something any striving artist would like to accomplish by one's self. just MO. i dunno...i guess im wrong ;-7 !+) :*) "

or

"yeah thats what im saying but hey, if he wants to request one, im not nor should anyone else stop him....(that doesnt mean im takin it though :*) ) "

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CrashOverrid3 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:24 am

I never bashed him even when he made me look like I was a joke.

I simply said it's weird that he asked... I didn't say he sucked, I didn't put him down so stop trying to instigate stuff.

Also, I critique sigs all the time, and everything I say is true. Blowing smoke does not make them a better artist.
*I created this sig
CrashOverrid3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby South Park Cows » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:52 am

CrashOverrid3 wrote:Also, I critique sigs all the time, and everything I say is true. Blowing smoke does not make them a better artist.

I wasn't really talking about you in particular, but you can tell that to the rest of the cafe.

Bash may have been too strong of a word, but both of you posted trying to discourage him and others from making his sig. There's no doubt about it. Put yourself in a 3rd person's shoes, go back and read the first page. Come talk to me after that.
South Park Cows
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:35 am

chargersfan36 wrote:I'd request one too, but to be honest, I don't want to wear anything you "artists" produce. This is rediculous.

Wow, you're cool. You're so much better than all of us so the rest of us all suck now. Give me a break.

it's just a little icon that was given to him when he made sigs. He doesn't control it being there.

Actually he did. Check this post. He didn't have one before that, and then me and him both got one because we made those posts. Seems to me like he controlled it. I'm sure if he didn't want an icon, he could have requested it be removed.

With that said I don't see anything wrong with him wanting a sig by someone else. Plenty of artists have worn ones made by other people.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests