Most fragile pitcher... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Most fragile pitcher...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Havok1517 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:57 pm

I really think if Harden added bout 15-20 lbs he'd be less likely to be injured. It looks like he has like 3-5% body fat. I mean he just produces so much velocity from his small frame. It could help a lot of other guys as well.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 116)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Gags Sports » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:01 pm

Wait a minute. If Wood's not going to be considered elite, then neither can Prior. Prior's only had one good year. Wood had 3-4 good years, depending on if you want to consider his rookie season. At what point do we separate hype and reality?
Gags Sports
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:04 pm

Gags Sports wrote:Wait a minute. If Wood's not going to be considered elite, then neither can Prior. Prior's only had one good year. Wood had 3-4 good years, depending on if you want to consider his rookie season. At what point do we separate hype and reality?

When Wood gets 3 years younger I'll call him elite again. Prior is still only 26, and a lot of guys have breakout years at 27. There's still plenty of hope for his career. Wood seems to be over the hill already. People want him to be a closer in the future because he can't last 60 pitches.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby hybrid » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:07 pm

Havok1517 wrote:I really think if Harden added bout 15-20 lbs he'd be less likely to be injured. It looks like he has like 3-5% body fat. I mean he just produces so much velocity from his small frame. It could help a lot of other guys as well.

I think I read something on him that said he does have barely any body fat. Also went on to say that he works out a lot to keep in great shape. It probably wouldn't hurt him if he added a few, but if it effected his delivery then I'm not sure.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Havok1517 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:11 pm

hybrid wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:I really think if Harden added bout 15-20 lbs he'd be less likely to be injured. It looks like he has like 3-5% body fat. I mean he just produces so much velocity from his small frame. It could help a lot of other guys as well.

I think I read something on him that said he does have barely any body fat. Also went on to say that he works out a lot to keep in great shape. It probably wouldn't hurt him if he added a few, but if it effected his delivery then I'm not sure.

Where are the Bob Gibson's of the world? He would pitch without an arm.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 116)

Postby Gags Sports » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:11 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
Gags Sports wrote:Wait a minute. If Wood's not going to be considered elite, then neither can Prior. Prior's only had one good year. Wood had 3-4 good years, depending on if you want to consider his rookie season. At what point do we separate hype and reality?

When Wood gets 3 years younger I'll call him elite again. Prior is still only 26, and a lot of guys have breakout years at 27. There's still plenty of hope for his career. Wood seems to be over the hill already. People want him to be a closer in the future because he can't last 60 pitches.

OK, so then why are you considering Prior as an elite pitcher if you're still holding out hope that he one day can break out. The more I think about this, the more I'm of the belief that neither of these guys are close to elite.
Gags Sports
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:26 pm

Gags Sports wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:

OK, so then why are you considering Prior as an elite pitcher if you're still holding out hope that he one day can break out. The more I think about this, the more I'm of the belief that neither of these guys are close to elite.

He's already broken out. I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. My point is he's not even at the age of typical breakout, so there's still a good chance of a bright career.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby zevon » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:46 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
hybrid wrote:

Where are the Bob Gibson's of the world? He would pitch without an arm.

Bob Gibson is probably the best pitcher I've ever seen, one tough sumbuck.
I just posted these stats in another area, then I saw your post so why not throw 'em out again:
1968-1972 100 wins 53 losses 122 CG's.

Neither Wood, Prior, or Harden can be considered anything close to elite.

Halladay, Pedro, Zambrano, Carpenter, Moose, Schill, Cytana are elite.
Liriano , Verlander, Weaver on the brink.
zevon
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby soxfan364 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:02 am

Good list zevon

[quote="zevon
Neither Wood, Prior, or Harden can be considered anything close to elite.

Halladay, Pedro, Zambrano, Carpenter, Moose, Schill, Cytana are elite.
Liriano , Verlander, Weaver on the brink.[/quote]
soxfan364
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Another Blown Save » Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:18 am

Wood/Prior win it for me, with John Patterson getting HM
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers