What's wrong with my team? Please help. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

What's wrong with my team? Please help.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What's wrong with my team? Please help.

Postby CineMamet » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:29 pm

I've had the most frustrating season. After beginning the season with what a few in my league saw as the best draft and team on paper, I've dealt with horrible pitching and a bad trade. Some of my lowlights:
Pettite as my #1 pitcher. I know, weak. But he had a great year last year.
Trading Sizemore to get Sheets. So my pitching was the weak spot and I had four offensive studs and I gave the least IMO. Any starter over Sheets would have been better.
Drafting Sexson. Not only did he kill your batting avg, his power didn't come until too late. I think Howard was even available when I drafted Sexson.

Here's my team now. I just got Vlad and Wright in a blockbuster deal that sent Liriano, Sheets and Bay. Now that I upgraded my offense, do I have enough pitching to last?

C Estrada (may pick up Barrett off FA instead)
1B Sexson
2B F. Lopez (just got him in trade)
SS Reyes
3B Wright
OF Vlad
OF Holliday
OF DeRosa
Util Hafner
Util Byrnes or Dmitri Young
Bench D. Dellucci, W. Betemit, Jose Lopez, Iguchi

SP Verlander (my new ace)
SP Haren
SP Lowry
SP Pettite
SP S. Olsen
RP Paps
RP Ryan
RP Julio

So, there you have it. A depleted pitching staff, but more studs.

I drafted Bay, Abreu, Hafner, Sizemore and Holliday and got them in 7 rounds. I only have Hafner and Holliday now. How would you rate my season?
CineMamet
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby waltb87 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:22 pm

are there any FA pitchers? ..... you have good pitchers but if your pitchers did bad they have no one to pick their numbers back up. you could afford to drop jose lopez and tadahito iguchi to pick a couple young arms up...your offense looks good now...except for sexson...maybe you should pick up a FA for that spot too ....what FAs are eligible to play first?
waltb87
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BOWSER » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:43 am

I think your offense is solid...Sexon has come around and is on pace for 35-110...I know is AVG is not good...but I don't see it going any lower...you've stuck with him so far...good luck...
Last edited by BOWSER on Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BOWSER
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby TheOther1 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:09 pm

First off, I would go ahead and pickup Barrett off the WW, I had Estrada up until recently and went ahead with the same move. Probably won't affect your team much, but Barrett does seem to be the better catcher here.

I would probably look to drop one of your many bench players for the best pitcher on the WW, unless you can shop them around and obtain a decent SP. I'd think with Verlander, Petite, and Haren you should at least be competitive in SP stats but one more solid SP would be a significant improvement to your team over your bench bats that don't help in any stat categories.
"Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile"
-Grateful Dead

Take a look at my team, help is always appreciated:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2317159#2317159
TheOther1
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team