NL CY YOUNG - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

NL CY YOUNG

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

NL CY YOUNG

Postby rjforlife » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:03 pm

who in the sam hell is gonna win it?
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 7282
(Past Year: 1284)
Joined: 25 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Vegas Baby

Postby Philliebuster » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:05 pm

I'd say either Webb, Zambrano, or Kazmir, all great pitchers on crappy teams.
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1238
Joined: 28 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: New Jersey

Postby sox 06 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:09 pm

Philliebuster wrote:I'd say either Webb, Zambrano, or Kazmir, all great pitchers on crappy teams.


He's not in the NL. :-? I'd say probably Zambrano because he also has like 4 homers along with good pithcing stats.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 4425
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 22 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Philliebuster » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:13 pm

sox 06 wrote:
Philliebuster wrote:I'd say either Webb, Zambrano, or Kazmir, all great pitchers on crappy teams.


He's not in the NL. :-? I'd say probably Zambrano because he also has like 4 homers along with good pithcing stats.


Doh, TB should be in the NL. ;-)
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1238
Joined: 28 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: New Jersey

Postby sox 06 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:17 pm

Philliebuster wrote:
sox 06 wrote:
Philliebuster wrote:I'd say either Webb, Zambrano, or Kazmir, all great pitchers on crappy teams.


He's not in the NL. :-? I'd say probably Zambrano because he also has like 4 homers along with good pithcing stats.


Doh, TB should be in the NL. ;-)


Now that's funny. ;-)
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 4425
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 22 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Havok1517 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:22 pm

Right now its Webb or Zambrano though I think Glavine is a darkhorse right now. Remember wins are the main thing involved in Cy Young considerations. I think Zam has for sure pitched the best with the least.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 8478
(Past Year: 107)
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Philly Pride » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:31 pm

sox 06 wrote:
Philliebuster wrote:
sox 06 wrote:
Philliebuster wrote:I'd say either Webb, Zambrano, or Kazmir, all great pitchers on crappy teams.


He's not in the NL. :-? I'd say probably Zambrano because he also has like 4 homers along with good pithcing stats.


Doh, TB should be in the NL. ;-)


Now that's funny. ;-)


For all the Tampa Bay jokes, they could probably win the NL West.
Philly Pride
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 653
Joined: 21 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby G.O.A.T. » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:37 pm

Philly Pride wrote:
sox 06 wrote:
Philliebuster wrote:
sox 06 wrote:
Philliebuster wrote:I'd say either Webb, Zambrano, or Kazmir, all great pitchers on crappy teams.


He's not in the NL. :-? I'd say probably Zambrano because he also has like 4 homers along with good pithcing stats.


Doh, TB should be in the NL. ;-)


Now that's funny. ;-)


For all the Tampa Bay jokes, they could probably win the NL West.


Ha thats a good one. The DBacks had a few setbacks because we had one of the dumbest GMs in baseball trading away prized prospects for a player like Sexson. Excuse me though while I go admire our WS championship and all the top young prospects we have coming up. ;-D

Now as to the question it's completely open right now. Is Zambrano still gonna put the effort into pitching for a garbage team? Is Webb gonna be healthy enough to keep it going. Also bringing up Zambrano's hitting is pointless. Last I checked the award is for best pitcher. Not best hitter who is a pitcher.
G.O.A.T.
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

User avatar

Posts: 95
Joined: 28 May 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Philliebuster » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:39 pm

I'd trade the Brewers for TB if I had the choice. The Brewers were always a AL team to me. TB seems more NLish.
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1238
Joined: 28 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: New Jersey

Postby jdsun1 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:57 pm

Zambrano. However no one seems to really want it right now.
jdsun1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1075
Joined: 5 May 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: apz, betsyzk4, NikkiSixx, Pogotheostrich and 12 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Apr. 23
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Arizona at Chi Cubs
(12:10 pm)
San Francisco at Colorado
(2:20 pm)
Texas at Oakland
(3:10 pm)
Houston at Seattle
(3:35 pm)
Kansas City at Cleveland
(3:40 pm)
LA Angels at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Toronto at Toronto
(7:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Baltimore at Baltimore
(7:07 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
NY Yankees at Boston
(7:10 pm)
St. Louis at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Minnesota at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
San Diego at Milwaukee
(8:10 pm)
Philadelphia at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact