Phillip Hughes or Matt Garza - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Phillip Hughes or Matt Garza

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby nathan050904 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:30 pm

Id take Hughes and Bailey any day over Garza.
nathan050904
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby J35J » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:08 pm

nathan050904 wrote:Id take Hughes and Bailey any day over Garza.

Agreed.

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Postby bazzy_51 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:55 pm

just throwin this out there...Jason Hirsh, i haven' kept up on my minors quite enough this year, but i heard some talk that this cat has a good arm and looking like he may get the nod later this year any thoughts? also i have a deep keeper league, we keep 5, my top 2 are teixeira and druw jones, then i had a bunch of young guys i picked up...howie kendrick, brandon wood, garza, sowers, marte and phil hughes...hirsh, gordon, bailey all FAs still...any thoughts on who i should take with my other 3 keepers and if i should add any of the other prospects (as i have burnitz, freel and hillenbrand that i could drop to add them)

thanks!!

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby winterball22 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:22 pm

If your going to talk pitching prospects, you better mention Adenhart. He's recovering nicely from his injury trouble. He and Baily were ranked 1 and 2 coming out of high school. Baseball Americas mid season rankings have Adenhart ahead of Garza. I think that Bailey, Hughes and Adenhart are the top three pitching prospects with the most upside, followed by Garza at #4.
winterball22
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby MHD » Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:08 am

FantasyGURU802 wrote:
MHD wrote:
shortsavage wrote:I think Hughes has a higher ceiling, too. He's putting up similar numbers to Garza at the same levels and he's two years younger than Garza was at those levels.

;-D Agreed. I would rank the top arms as

Bailey
Hughes
Andrew Miller
Garza

So Bailey is the real deal? This is what the Reds need, a pitcher. They need another starter to help out Harang and Arroyo, or they could stick him in the middle relief spot where they are getting killed. Hopefully they'll call him up next year...

Now that Bailey has control over his electric stuff he has become a complete pitcher. It is too bad that he will have to pitch in the band box in Cincy.
MHD
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Members Only Jackets » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:04 am

MHD wrote:
FantasyGURU802 wrote:
MHD wrote:
shortsavage wrote:I think Hughes has a higher ceiling, too. He's putting up similar numbers to Garza at the same levels and he's two years younger than Garza was at those levels.

;-D Agreed. I would rank the top arms as

Bailey
Hughes
Andrew Miller
Garza

So Bailey is the real deal? This is what the Reds need, a pitcher. They need another starter to help out Harang and Arroyo, or they could stick him in the middle relief spot where they are getting killed. Hopefully they'll call him up next year...

Now that Bailey has control over his electric stuff he has become a complete pitcher. It is too bad that he will have to pitch in the band box in Cincy.

It's all good...Bailey will make Cincy his own personal litter box.
Members Only Jackets
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 2)

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball