Sheets...why, why.. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Sheets...why, why..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mikhayl » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:33 pm

jake_twothousandfive wrote:
mak1277 wrote:
kbarre wrote:The other thing that was not normal for Sheets was his control. He walked 2 in the first (which was his season walk total coming into the game). He definitely did not look right out there.

his walk total was very disheartening to me as well...not like him to walk two in one game let alone one inning :-t

One of his walks earlier this season was an IBB as well.
Let's go O's. Let's go Mets.
mikhayl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:38 am

Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel
Ben Sheets will have his next scheduled start pushed back one day.

Chris Capuano will move ahead of Sheets in the rotation. Manager Ned Yost hopes that giving Sheets an extra day off will give him more time to recover from the pectoral muscle tightness that caused him to leave Saturday's game.
"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby mikhayl » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:50 am

jake_twothousandfive wrote:Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel
Ben Sheets will have his next scheduled start pushed back one day.

Chris Capuano will move ahead of Sheets in the rotation. Manager Ned Yost hopes that giving Sheets an extra day off will give him more time to recover from the pectoral muscle tightness that caused him to leave Saturday's game.

Thanks for the update ;-D
mikhayl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Justblaze » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:20 pm

Sweet! Not only is he back, he is not facing Smoltz, but Horacio instead! NICE!

Since I have both players that is.
Justblaze
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby baseballspliffs » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:11 pm

Im sure this is on everyone's minds, but how is his throwing shoulder? Is he pitching with pain? is it 100%(probably not), 90, 80%???

The rotator cuff isn't a cuff at all, actually its 4 muscles, and pectoral tightness doesnt sound too good, knowing what kind of injury Sheets is coming back from. It would be nice if we knew more about the extent of his injury/shoulder tightness... but from here its anyone's guess.

Im actually in mexico for the time being, so the cafe is my main source of baseball info. I hope sheets is ok,but if there is osmething wrong with his shoulder, i hope the brewers do the right thing and put him back on the DL (hurts me to say this, i need sheets to do well)

Thanks for the info and any1 with more sheets news please post here

p.s. rotator cuff injury = sheets SITS the game out (supraspinatus, infraspinatus, teres minor, subscapularis). In case any1 was curious
baseballspliffs
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby markj11 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:36 pm

I had a lot of offers going on for him. I hope I can still get rid of him.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby reynolds80 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:06 pm

Will Carroll didn't sound overly alarmed in his UTK colum this morning; he basically said that Sheets is at a fork in the road. Either this thing cascades into other injuries, or it was just a little cramp. If he can make his next start it will be a great sign.
reynolds80
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mikhayl » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:25 pm

There is still a chance he could miss his start, but it looks good:

Assistant general manager Gord Ash said Monday that Sheets and trainer Roger Caplinger met with team physician William Raasch after the team returned home Sunday night from St. Louis. Sheets left his start against the Cardinals on Saturday night after one inning with tightness and spasms in his right pectoral muscle, near his armpit.

Ash said the Brewers wouldn't decide until today whether Sheets needs to miss a start or merely be pushed back a day or two in the rotation.

"We'll sit down and discuss it and decide the best way to treat it and proceed," Ash said, "but it doesn't appear to be anything significant. We'll make a decision whether it's best to shut him down for a week or just give him a couple of extra days."

link
mikhayl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bcb » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:09 am

From rotowire:
Aug 8 Assistant GM Gord Ash said that Sheets' recent pectoral muscle injury is not serious and they will decide on Tuesday whether to push back his next start, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

Recommendation: It looks like Sheets may have just had some cramping in his pectoral muscle and he should be fine. The Brewers will probably be cautious and either push back his start a few days or skip him one time through the rotation.
bcb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mikhayl » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:16 pm

Sheets is starting Saturday against the Braves.

link
mikhayl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates