Chipper Jones injury - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Chipper Jones injury

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Chipper Jones injury

Postby waltb87 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:13 pm

any news about chipper, about when hes coming back...or if anything serious has happened as of late...
waltb87
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Big Train » Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:19 pm

I've been checking this myself and there are no updates to report that I am aware of. He has said that he will need most, if not all, of the 15 days for it to heal. Then we're probably looking at some rehab time. If he was back after 15 days it would be a miracle. I'm guessing 3-4 weeks minimum. I wouldn't be surprised to see it go 6 weeks.
Image + Image = 762

"Trying to hit him was like trying to drink coffee with a fork." - Willie Stargell on Sandy Koufax
The Big Train
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jt787 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:11 pm

Yeah its a shame.. He was on a tear, and probably the only hot bat i had in my lineup. Im still trying to find a replacement, but its difficult! I dont mind waiting 4 weeks though.. he'll be good hopefully once he comes back
jt787
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Mreater71 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:17 pm

It sounds like the same injury that Pujols had, so he'll probably be out the definate 3-4 weeks, but i see 5.
Mreater71
College Coach
College Coach

Postby waltb87 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:50 pm

zimmerman is doing ok at his spot...but he definitely isnt replacing chipper for me right now..
waltb87
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby pangbones » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:34 pm

I'm very concerned about him now. If he needs to miss 4-5 weeks, the Braves may just sit him the rest of the year, unless they still have a sniff at the Wild Card. If they're out of it, they have no reason to rush him back. :-o
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby champy41 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:22 pm

this is from rotoworld:

Chipper Jones (oblique) is eligible to return from the disabled list next Sunday and thinks he'll definitely be ready then.

Chipper hopes to take some swings Sunday rather than wait until the Braves start a six-game homestand against Philadelphia and Milwaukee next week. "I want to give it a test," Jones said. "But I need to make sure I get this cleared up and behind me."
Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution

GREAT NEWS!!!
champy41
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Chipper Jones injury

Postby chinst » Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:25 pm

Atlanta Journal-Constitution wrote:Jones, who reaggravated his left oblique strain on July 28, is eligible to return next Sunday in the final game of the Braves' upcoming homestand and thinks he'll definitely be ready then.

"It's a lot better," Jones said. "I'm just waiting for the OK to start swinging."

Head trainer Jeff Porter hasn't given approval so far. "I want to see how he does fielding and throwing first," Porter said.

Jones is hopeful he might get to take some swings Sunday rather than wait until the Braves get back to Atlanta on Monday to start a six-game homestand against Philadelphia and Milwaukee.

"I want to give it a test," Jones said. "But I need to make sure I get this cleared up and behind me."
chinst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jake_harv88 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:56 am

champy41 wrote:this is from rotoworld:

Chipper Jones (oblique) is eligible to return from the disabled list next Sunday and thinks he'll definitely be ready then.

Chipper hopes to take some swings Sunday rather than wait until the Braves start a six-game homestand against Philadelphia and Milwaukee next week. "I want to give it a test," Jones said. "But I need to make sure I get this cleared up and behind me."
Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution

GREAT NEWS!!!

Id rather see him wait. Everything that i heard about the injure had him pegged for at least 4 weeks. I can only hope he's not rushing a return...
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 24)

Postby The Big Train » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:47 am

OnlineAthens.com reports that Chipper Jones will likely see a brief minor league rehab assignment before rejoining the Braves lineup.

Chipper might head to minors for rehab stint
By R. Travis Haney updated at 12:05 AM on Tuesday, August 8, 2006

ATLANTA

... Jones has been taking ground balls and throwing each day during batting practice. But he went 10 days without picking up a bat until Monday, when he swung indoors.

Because of that, Jones said he thinks going on a brief minor-league rehab assignment just makes sense.

"Nothing can simulate a swing," Jones said. "I figure I better go try it out."

Jones seemed somewhat concerned Monday afternoon about his first hacks since aggravating the injury swinging July 28. But he said there were no setbacks after his brief hitting session.
Image + Image = 762

"Trying to hit him was like trying to drink coffee with a fork." - Willie Stargell on Sandy Koufax
The Big Train
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates