Trade John Patterson for Andrew Miller in a keeper?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Trade John Patterson for Andrew Miller in a keeper??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby SwisherSweet » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:59 pm

WOW......i thought Adam Miller...with out a doubt...hold Patterson!!!...he has dominated at times at MLB level...he is proven...he could have a great career....that would be a Sell super low thing.....he was hurt this year..give him a shot next year...he has 200k potential....do not do it
SwisherSweet
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby J35J » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:24 pm

To me, for fantasy, you gotta take the more "proven" guy even though he has been injured. Pitching is a big ?? as it is, I'll take the guy that has shown some promise in the bigs over a guy who hasn't shown much of anything in the limited time he's been in the minors.

It will be 3 years before Miller is even worth anything for fantasy(most likely), and that is if he even makes it to the majors.

Patterson > Miller

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 393)

Postby nathan050904 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:13 pm

Do it!!!

Don't know how many people know this but Miller signed a contract that guarentees a Sept call up this season. He'll likely pitch out of the bullpen to begin with. I've also read reports where Detroit believes they have in Miller someone who is close to Major League ready.

I'd deffinatly do the deal. Patterson is overrated by quite a fair margin considering his injury history etc. infact even last year I think he failed to remain healthy.
nathan050904
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rmande09 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:28 pm

Did anyone miss the whole fact that he can't keep Patterson after this season? He has used up all his keeper spots and has John Patterson left. Patterson will not pitch again this year, so his value is useless to the guy. Patterson's value is literally ZERO. So why not move him to a guy who could potentially use him as a keeper for a Minor Leaguer that he will get to keep? If it was a dynasty, I definitely would not trade Patterson. But since it isn't, and he can't be kept, he might as well move the guy for something that could help him next season or at some point in the near future. Savvy?
C: Pierzynski
1B: Pujols
2B: Altuve
3B: Miggy
SS: HanRam
OF (x3): CarGo, M. Bourn, D. Jennings
UTIL (x2): E. Encarnacion, C. Hart
BN: Cuddyer, C. Ross, J. Montero

SP: Price, Gallardo, T. Hudson, Lester
RP: Chapman, Jansen, Rodney, Putz, Cishek, Bailey
rmande09
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Members Only Jackets » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:44 pm

I'd much rather have Andrew Miller...easy choice
Members Only Jackets
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 2)

Postby PlayingWithFire » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:36 pm

rmande09 wrote:Did anyone miss the whole fact that he can't keep Patterson after this season? He has used up all his keeper spots and has John Patterson left. Patterson will not pitch again this year, so his value is useless to the guy. Patterson's value is literally ZERO. So why not move him to a guy who could potentially use him as a keeper for a Minor Leaguer that he will get to keep? If it was a dynasty, I definitely would not trade Patterson. But since it isn't, and he can't be kept, he might as well move the guy for something that could help him next season or at some point in the near future. Savvy?

agree both on Patterson being better than Miller and that Miller is probably the best he can get now.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sliders51 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:02 am

Thank all of you guys for the feedback. He backed out of the deal, naturally. And he countered with Adam Miller instead, so i took it. Hey I got a miller didnt i??

Is Adam Miller any good??

Don't you worry about my Major League Keepers...I am more than set..believe me...I needed some minor league keepers that could help me next year or in the future.
sliders51
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby hybrid » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:22 am

Adam Miller is a pretty good prospect though he has had some injury past in 2005 w/ his elbow. He looks like is he starting to round into form lately in AA, as he was a very good prospect, one of the better pitching prospects a year or so ago. He is like Andrew in that he has a very good FB and compliments it with a plus slider, except that he is a righty. To go with his FB/slider he has a change up that shows improvement, also has very good make up and a good feel for pitching. I can see people liking Adam more than Andrew, though I might be more inclined to go with the injury free past. In anycase good trade, you got a guy thats value was a bit down but is defiantly rising again.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby sliders51 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:42 pm

Thanks Hybrid ;-D
sliders51
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:10 pm

Adam is definitely further down the line. He has the upside too ;-D
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Minor League & College Baseball