America's Turned Gay - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

America's Turned Gay

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: America's Turned Gay

Postby Laean » Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:03 pm

RyanK wrote:
Coppermine wrote:What's the deal anyway ya homophobe?

yeah I am...

about three-four years ago i got hit on by a gay guy and asked out on a date(i was 14/15).. it has made me weirded out and un accepting of gays since... it was just a weird and very awkward moment

(i didnt mean to make this thread as a bashing and lock it up if you must.. but it just seems that alot of america is becoming pretty homosexual, or maybe just alot of people in hollywood)

i had a gay roommate in freshmen year of college. in highschool we'd joke about that happening, but it actually happened to me. well he and i didn't get along. not really because he was gay (i was the last one to know in our suite that he was gay, and we had problems even before i found out anyway), but because he was bipolar and he'd sometimes refuse to take his medicines. one day he'd be all nice to me then the next he'd be a total bitch. with someone unpredictable like that, it's pretty much impossible to bond.

the other gay experience i had was a gay internet stalker (he found me through my blogger page back when it was popular - he thought the stuff i was writing for my literature classes in undergrad was interesting). i had to block everyone not on my aim buddylist after that. like 2 years later, i unblock everyone thinking that stuff is in the past, and he IMs me again in like 2 days.

anyway, i'm not trying to sound "holider-than-thou" or anything, but those experiences still don't make me feel uncomfortable with gay people as a whole. and you shouldn't let that one experience let it dictate to you how you're going to see an entire group of people either.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bleach168 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:25 pm

Some of you guys are making it into a bigger deal than it really is. Just ignore it.
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 50)

Postby reynolds80 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:23 pm

It's a sin
reynolds80
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Laean » Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:37 pm

reynolds80 wrote:It's a sin

it's not that simple.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby HiddenIdentity » Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:42 pm

DK wrote:Seriously, like I said, going down...

Just imagine if that woman had put her hand on your leg. Would you punch her?

Oh, wait. You mean I shouldn't have punched her?
HiddenIdentity
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:50 pm

I think that encounters that Omaha brought up is a big deal. In his case, it was coming to the point that it was borderlining sexual harassment. It's one thing, from the outside looking in, and look at the situation and say it's foolish to be freaked out by being hit on by someone of the same sex, but you never know when you're in that situation how you're going to react. I've been hit on by a few gay people before, but I take it in stride and say, that's fine. However, if it gets to the point where they're constantly trying to make unwanted advances on me, whether verbal or physical, then I'd have to stand my own ground.

As for America "turning gay", well, I could say America is becoming softer, with the next generation representing self-entitlement, but that's basically just a perception of how I see the world, even if it's based on some sort of fact. In reality, I think Hollywood can be quite confusing on what kind of overall message they convey about homosexuality. Is it a call to openness? Acceptance? Or just outright satire of the situation? Whatever it is, Hollywood likes to provoke responses out of any audience. Personally, I don't care much for how "gay" the world of entertainment in this country has become because I just don't pay attention to it. It's frankly not a big deal to me.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 451)

Postby acsguitar » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:07 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
RyanK wrote:

yeah I am...

about three-four years ago i got hit on by a gay guy and asked out on a date(i was 14/15).. it has made me weirded out and un accepting of gays since... it was just a weird and very awkward moment

(i didnt mean to make this thread as a bashing and lock it up if you must.. but it just seems that alot of america is becoming pretty homosexual, or maybe just alot of people in hollywood)

Right out of high school I was working, for a short time, in a large call center. I knew only one person out of the 900+ employees and she worked on a separate floor. I was trying to be sociable so I struck up a conversation with a guy who sat behind me. He was friendly. A little too friendly. He started following me everywhere. Whenever I went on break or lunch, there he was. I expressed my concern to my girlfriend at the time and the friend who worked there. They insisted that he probably only wanted a friend. So I tried not to be weirded out by it. Then he starts talking about his hairdresser...yep, he's gay. Not too uncommon, though, so I didn't read too much into it. Till he mentions his roommate....yep, he's gay. So now I start avoiding this guy. Not because he's probably gay, but because I'm not and I was getting the impression he was showing interest in me. We had two separate lunch rooms and one day I go to the one furthest away, the one I rarely ever go to, hoping he doesn't find me. Well, he does, and I'm sitting there watching TV, eating Chinese, and trying to ignore him as he's talking to me. Then...he puts his hand on my leg..... I jump out of my chair, it goes flying and I say something like, 'what the hell was that', to which he replies 'did you like it' or something. I can't remember what exactly was said, I was still in shock. As soon as he said that, though, I hit him. Pretty solid hit too. It sent him falling backward over some other chairs. A manager had been sitting off a ways and saw the whole thing. I told him fire me, whatever, but he took my side, because the other guy made a harassment move and I was merely defending myself. Apparently he quit a week or 2 later.

:-°

Dude take your hate crimes out of the cafe!!!

j/k

I have a few gay friends guys and girls.

Being gay is fine with me but yea it is annoying when thats the only thing they talk about. Also, the whole gay voice is really stupid. If a guy talks flamoyantly though I just consider him to be a "MTV" gay person. Its the same as being a valley girl. Just someone who is so trendy that they have to do every stereotype that MTV or hollywood portrays.

If a gay guy were to hit on me I wouldn't care but yea if started getting touchy i'd have to kick his arse

Anyways America isn't neccessarily turning "gay" thats ignorant and retarded sorry.

It is turning a lot less "aggressive" I guess you could say. I think the media is starting to cater to the female persuasion much more then the male side now a day.

However, stereotyping gay people as flamboyant is way off. My gf has a gay friend named brendon. You can tell he's gay but he isn't super flamboyant. He doesn't annoy me when he talks and he doesn't talk about being gay all the time. His boyfriend is a really cool guy. You would never know he's gay. He's a huge yankees fan and if not for the fact that he dresses nice his gayness would be in question.

Anyways thred locked yet?
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby reynolds80 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:49 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
RyanK wrote:

yeah I am...

Right out of high school I was working, for a short time, in a large call center. I knew only one person out of the 900+ employees and she worked on a separate floor. I was trying to be sociable so I struck up a conversation with a guy who sat behind me. He was friendly. A little too friendly. He started following me everywhere. Whenever I went on break or lunch, there he was. I expressed my concern to my girlfriend at the time and the friend who worked there. They insisted that he probably only wanted a friend. So I tried not to be weirded out by it. Then he starts talking about his hairdresser...yep, he's gay. Not too uncommon, though, so I didn't read too much into it. Till he mentions his roommate....yep, he's gay. So now I start avoiding this guy. Not because he's probably gay, but because I'm not and I was getting the impression he was showing interest in me. We had two separate lunch rooms and one day I go to the one furthest away, the one I rarely ever go to, hoping he doesn't find me. Well, he does, and I'm sitting there watching TV, eating Chinese, and trying to ignore him as he's talking to me. Then...he puts his hand on my leg..... I jump out of my chair, it goes flying and I say something like, 'what the hell was that', to which he replies 'did you like it' or something. I can't remember what exactly was said, I was still in shock. As soon as he said that, though, I hit him. Pretty solid hit too. It sent him falling backward over some other chairs. A manager had been sitting off a ways and saw the whole thing. I told him fire me, whatever, but he took my side, because the other guy made a harassment move and I was merely defending myself. Apparently he quit a week or 2 later.

Dude take your hate crimes out of the cafe!!!

j/k

I have a few gay friends guys and girls.

Being gay is fine with me but yea it is annoying when thats the only thing they talk about. Also, the whole gay voice is really stupid. If a guy talks flamoyantly though I just consider him to be a "MTV" gay person. Its the same as being a valley girl. Just someone who is so trendy that they have to do every stereotype that MTV or hollywood portrays.

If a gay guy were to hit on me I wouldn't care but yea if started getting touchy i'd have to kick his arse

Anyways America isn't neccessarily turning "gay" thats ignorant and retarded sorry.

It is turning a lot less "aggressive" I guess you could say. I think the media is starting to cater to the female persuasion much more then the male side now a day.

However, stereotyping gay people as flamboyant is way off. My gf has a gay friend named brendon. You can tell he's gay but he isn't super flamboyant. He doesn't annoy me when he talks and he doesn't talk about being gay all the time. His boyfriend is a really cool guy. You would never know he's gay. He's a huge yankees fan and if not for the fact that he dresses nice his gayness would be in question.

Anyways thred locked yet?

What a great juxtaposition of sig picture and post content.
reynolds80
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:14 pm

DK wrote:Seriously, like I said, going down...

Just imagine if that woman had put her hand on your leg. Would you punch her?

I think you're missing the point or maybe you misread my 'story'. This 'gentleman' knew my sexual preference well before this occurred. Big different there. If a girl put her hand on my leg, of course I wouldn't punch her. I would never hit a woman. I established my 'sexual preference' beforehand though. He knew I had a girlfriend.

Don't make me out to be a gay-basher. I explained myself. I may not agree with the lifestyle, but that does not equal hate. If you prefer to put words into the mouth of others, I suggest you apply at a tabloid....
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:16 pm

knapplc wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote: Right out of high school I was working, for a short time, in a large call center. I knew only one person out of the 900+ employees and she worked on a separate floor. I was trying to be sociable so I struck up a conversation with a guy who sat behind me. He was friendly. A little too friendly. He started following me everywhere. Whenever I went on break or lunch, there he was. I expressed my concern to my girlfriend at the time and the friend who worked there. They insisted that he probably only wanted a friend. So I tried not to be weirded out by it. Then he starts talking about his hairdresser...yep, he's gay. Not too uncommon, though, so I didn't read too much into it. Till he mentions his roommate....yep, he's gay. So now I start avoiding this guy. Not because he's probably gay, but because I'm not and I was getting the impression he was showing interest in me. We had two separate lunch rooms and one day I go to the one furthest away, the one I rarely ever go to, hoping he doesn't find me. Well, he does, and I'm sitting there watching TV, eating Chinese, and trying to ignore him as he's talking to me. Then...he puts his hand on my leg..... I jump out of my chair, it goes flying and I say something like, 'what the hell was that', to which he replies 'did you like it' or something. I can't remember what exactly was said, I was still in shock. As soon as he said that, though, I hit him. Pretty solid hit too. It sent him falling backward over some other chairs. A manager had been sitting off a ways and saw the whole thing. I told him fire me, whatever, but he took my side, because the other guy made a harassment move and I was merely defending myself. Apparently he quit a week or 2 later.

8-o X-I

THAT WAS YOU!???!?!?! You jerk, I was only kidding!!!!!!

<insert gay voice>Stop iiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. :-b O:-)
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk