America's Turned Gay - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

America's Turned Gay

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:56 am

The thing that bothers me about a lot of homosexuals is that their sexuality actually defines who they are. They make like it's the single most important thing in the world. That's arrogant whether your gay or not.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: America's Turned Gay

Postby RyanK » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:30 am

Coppermine wrote:What's the deal anyway ya homophobe?

yeah I am...

about three-four years ago i got hit on by a gay guy and asked out on a date(i was 14/15).. it has made me weirded out and un accepting of gays since... it was just a weird and very awkward moment

(i didnt mean to make this thread as a bashing and lock it up if you must.. but it just seems that alot of america is becoming pretty homosexual, or maybe just alot of people in hollywood)
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:45 am

RyanK wrote:

yeah I am...

about three-four years ago i got hit on by a gay guy and asked out on a date(i was 14/15).. it has made me weirded out and un accepting of gays since... it was just a weird and very awkward moment

(i didnt mean to make this thread as a bashing and lock it up if you must.. but it just seems that alot of america is becoming pretty homosexual, or maybe just alot of people in hollywood)

Right out of high school I was working, for a short time, in a large call center. I knew only one person out of the 900+ employees and she worked on a separate floor. I was trying to be sociable so I struck up a conversation with a guy who sat behind me. He was friendly. A little too friendly. He started following me everywhere. Whenever I went on break or lunch, there he was. I expressed my concern to my girlfriend at the time and the friend who worked there. They insisted that he probably only wanted a friend. So I tried not to be weirded out by it. Then he starts talking about his hairdresser...yep, he's gay. Not too uncommon, though, so I didn't read too much into it. Till he mentions his roommate....yep, he's gay. So now I start avoiding this guy. Not because he's probably gay, but because I'm not and I was getting the impression he was showing interest in me. We had two separate lunch rooms and one day I go to the one furthest away, the one I rarely ever go to, hoping he doesn't find me. Well, he does, and I'm sitting there watching TV, eating Chinese, and trying to ignore him as he's talking to me. Then...he puts his hand on my leg..... I jump out of my chair, it goes flying and I say something like, 'what the hell was that', to which he replies 'did you like it' or something. I can't remember what exactly was said, I was still in shock. As soon as he said that, though, I hit him. Pretty solid hit too. It sent him falling backward over some other chairs. A manager had been sitting off a ways and saw the whole thing. I told him fire me, whatever, but he took my side, because the other guy made a harassment move and I was merely defending myself. Apparently he quit a week or 2 later.

:-°
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 7)

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:02 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
RyanK wrote:

yeah I am...

Right out of high school I was working, for a short time, in a large call center. I knew only one person out of the 900+ employees and she worked on a separate floor. I was trying to be sociable so I struck up a conversation with a guy who sat behind me. He was friendly. A little too friendly. He started following me everywhere. Whenever I went on break or lunch, there he was. I expressed my concern to my girlfriend at the time and the friend who worked there. They insisted that he probably only wanted a friend. So I tried not to be weirded out by it. Then he starts talking about his hairdresser...yep, he's gay. Not too uncommon, though, so I didn't read too much into it. Till he mentions his roommate....yep, he's gay. So now I start avoiding this guy. Not because he's probably gay, but because I'm not and I was getting the impression he was showing interest in me. We had two separate lunch rooms and one day I go to the one furthest away, the one I rarely ever go to, hoping he doesn't find me. Well, he does, and I'm sitting there watching TV, eating Chinese, and trying to ignore him as he's talking to me. Then...he puts his hand on my leg..... I jump out of my chair, it goes flying and I say something like, 'what the hell was that', to which he replies 'did you like it' or something. I can't remember what exactly was said, I was still in shock. As soon as he said that, though, I hit him. Pretty solid hit too. It sent him falling backward over some other chairs. A manager had been sitting off a ways and saw the whole thing. I told him fire me, whatever, but he took my side, because the other guy made a harassment move and I was merely defending myself. Apparently he quit a week or 2 later.

:-° 8-o
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:31 am

Stories that end in violence are always enjoyable.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby JustAnotherYanksFan » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:35 am

RyanK wrote:

yeah I am...

When I was 16 I got asked out by an ugly girl who I didn't want to go out with. It was really uncomfortable and I've been un-accepting of straight women ever since. ;-7

I really don't see how an unwanted come-on (whether it's being asked out, or a hand on the leg, or whatever) from a gay guy is any different than if it were coming from a girl you didn't have any interest in. We might be more weirded out by a gay guy than just a girl we're not attracted to, but I think that has more to do with our own societally rooted biases than any inherent difference between the two scenarios. I certainly don't see how an experience like that could be use as a legitimate rationale for being homophobic. "Oh, yeah well I don't like Canadian people but it's because I got punched by a Canadian once."
JustAnotherYanksFan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby sportsguy138 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:02 pm

nice omaha ;-D

(for the punch of course)
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 405)

Postby knapplc » Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:16 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote: Right out of high school I was working, for a short time, in a large call center. I knew only one person out of the 900+ employees and she worked on a separate floor. I was trying to be sociable so I struck up a conversation with a guy who sat behind me. He was friendly. A little too friendly. He started following me everywhere. Whenever I went on break or lunch, there he was. I expressed my concern to my girlfriend at the time and the friend who worked there. They insisted that he probably only wanted a friend. So I tried not to be weirded out by it. Then he starts talking about his hairdresser...yep, he's gay. Not too uncommon, though, so I didn't read too much into it. Till he mentions his roommate....yep, he's gay. So now I start avoiding this guy. Not because he's probably gay, but because I'm not and I was getting the impression he was showing interest in me. We had two separate lunch rooms and one day I go to the one furthest away, the one I rarely ever go to, hoping he doesn't find me. Well, he does, and I'm sitting there watching TV, eating Chinese, and trying to ignore him as he's talking to me. Then...he puts his hand on my leg..... I jump out of my chair, it goes flying and I say something like, 'what the hell was that', to which he replies 'did you like it' or something. I can't remember what exactly was said, I was still in shock. As soon as he said that, though, I hit him. Pretty solid hit too. It sent him falling backward over some other chairs. A manager had been sitting off a ways and saw the whole thing. I told him fire me, whatever, but he took my side, because the other guy made a harassment move and I was merely defending myself. Apparently he quit a week or 2 later.

8-o X-I

THAT WAS YOU!???!?!?! You jerk, I was only kidding!!!!!!
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby hybrid » Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:44 pm

Some of these so called excuses for being against gays are laughable. Oh a gay guy asked me out, I'm scared for my life .... what will I ever do. Another gay guy came off as an ass and touched my leg, like a straight guy has never done this to a woman. For a single person to change your views on everyone that happens to be gay is silly. Would you change your views on people riding motorcycles if one happened to be a jerk and beat you up? Are you going to be racist if a black person punches you for standing to close to his girl?
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby DK » Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:48 pm

Seriously, like I said, going down...

Just imagine if that woman had put her hand on your leg. Would you punch her?
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk