Closers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Closers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Closers

Postby lifeform » Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:52 am

I find myself in a situation where I have 5 mid- to lower-level closers on my roster:

Aquilino Lopez (Tor)
David Riske (Cle)
Lance Carter (TB)
Trevor Hoffman (SD)
Rocky Biddle (Mon)

Out of this bunch, who do you think are the more valuable fantasy closers for the remainder of the year? Any guys that are not worth a roster spot?

Lopez & Riske seem pretty firmly entrenched in their roles for the time being, and Lance Carter seems to have found some consistancy again.

I read in another thread that Hoffman is expected to work every third day -- not exactly a great situation for Hoffman owners. Can anyone confirm this?

And as far as I know, Biddle still has the job in Montreal, even though he's been pounded in his last few appearances.

Anyone know anything I don't?
Everything you know is wrong.
lifeform
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Wed Sep 03, 2003 5:58 pm

Sounds about right to me. You can check the closer watch at the top of the list for the latest information. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby pkarr5000 » Wed Sep 03, 2003 5:59 pm

hoffman
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Hoffman, indeed

Postby lifeform » Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:06 pm

pkarr5000 -- not sure if your response is an endorsement of Hoffman, or a suggestion that he is not worth holding onto.

Or perhaps, it's more than that. Perhaps "Hoffman" is the meaning of life, an affirmation of all that is around us. Maybe Trevor Hoffman is an example of all that is good and right about not only baseball, but our entire existance. Therefore the very name of "Hoffman" takes on spiritual overtones, and can be used much like the phrase "peace be with you", or "Shalom".

In any case, feel free to clarify. Or not.

Hoffman,
lifeform
Everything you know is wrong.
lifeform
College Coach
College Coach

Re: Closers

Postby pkarr5000 » Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:18 pm

lifeform wrote:Aquilino Lopez (Tor)
David Riske (Cle)
Lance Carter (TB)
Trevor Hoffman (SD)
Rocky Biddle (Mon)

Out of this bunch, who do you think are the more valuable fantasy closers for the remainder of the year?
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Re: Hoffman, indeed

Postby HOOTIE » Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:12 pm

lifeform wrote:pkarr5000 -- not sure if your response is an endorsement of Hoffman, or a suggestion that he is not worth holding onto.

Or perhaps, it's more than that. Perhaps "Hoffman" is the meaning of life, an affirmation of all that is around us. Maybe Trevor Hoffman is an example of all that is good and right about not only baseball, but our entire existance. Therefore the very name of "Hoffman" takes on spiritual overtones, and can be used much like the phrase "peace be with you", or "Shalom".

Hoffman,
lifeform

Wow man, peace. I had images of putting on a robe, crawling in a corner yoga style, and chanting HOFFMAN, HOFFMAN!!
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Re: Hoffman, indeed

Postby miller24 » Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:34 pm

HOOTIE wrote:
lifeform wrote:pkarr5000 -- not sure if your response is an endorsement of Hoffman, or a suggestion that he is not worth holding onto.

Hoffman,
lifeform

Wow man, peace. I had images of putting on a robe, crawling in a corner yoga style, and chanting HOFFMAN, HOFFMAN!!

Oh great Hoff-man... I bow down before thee.....................
miller24
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers