What to expect from Green? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What to expect from Green?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What to expect from Green?

Postby warrick95 » Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:19 am

Well, after reading JDH's article, I'm very disappointed that he'd be stupid enough to hide a then minor injury in April. I'd rather have him on the DL than doing crap for me all year.

How do y'all think he's gonna play down the stretch? He's been hitting for a good average as of late, with some RBIs and runs, but not many homers.

Is he worth starting over Konerko, A. Ramirez, or A. Beltre? Ramirez has cooled down significantly since a hot stretch about six games ago, or is he gonna go on another tear? I've appreciated Beltre's 7 homers, 26 RBI over the past month, but his average is just killing me. He batted in the .220's in August. I doubt that'll improve because of his pathetic plate discipline, but is it likely he's still going to repeat his August in September, in the thick of the wild card race? Thanks.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby quickfingerz » Wed Sep 03, 2003 5:06 pm

Post from LONG, LONG ago:

quickfingerz wrote:In EVERY SINGLE league that I'm in, Green is the 2nd worst OF only behind Pat Burrell. In leagues that Burrell is in the FA pool. Green is THE VERY WORST OF.

Jose Cruz is a better OF and he doesn't even belong on ANYONE's fantasy team.

People say that "starting Alex Sanchez or Dave Roberts hurts you in 4 categories with help in only 1"

Well my quote is "SHAWN GREEN HURTS YOU IN ALL CATEGORIES! I WOULDN'T TOUCH HIM WITH A 15-FT POLE"

Either try to trade him OR put him in the FA pool and do not ever talk about him again EVER.
The key to Fantasy Sports is NOT about Sports but rather the "manipulation of numbers" in your favor

MASTER THOSE NUMBERS
quickfingerz
College Coach
College Coach

Postby pkarr5000 » Wed Sep 03, 2003 5:44 pm

i wouldnt expect much :-t
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Madison » Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:33 pm

Green is availiable in a couple of my leagues, and I'm avoiding him.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby jdh » Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:36 pm

Yeah, he probably won't return to anything close to form this year. However, you may want to hold onto him until after the Dodger's Coors Field series this year.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby miller24 » Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:58 pm

IMO

I wouldn't touch the guy
miller24
College Coach
College Coach

Postby kcs261 » Thu Sep 04, 2003 1:20 am

Green is junk. I held the guy until a couple of weeks after the All-Star break. With his value rock bottom, I finally sold on him and got Washburn. While Washburn hasn't been great, I'm glad that I at least got a 6th starter for Green. That's how little I value him.
kcs261
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby eftda » Thu Sep 04, 2003 1:37 am

I think that green is lying... he just happens to tell us when the season is almost over...

message to Green: GO ON THE DL WHEN YOU ARE HURT. ITS BETTER FOR THE TEAM ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: What to expect from Green?

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:53 am

warrick95 wrote:Is he worth starting over Konerko, A. Ramirez, or A. Beltre? Ramirez has cooled down significantly since a hot stretch about six games ago, or is he gonna go on another tear? I've appreciated Beltre's 7 homers, 26 RBI over the past month, but his average is just killing me. He batted in the .220's in August. I doubt that'll improve because of his pathetic plate discipline, but is it likely he's still going to repeat his August in September, in the thick of the wild card race? Thanks.

i would pass on green. even if he does hit for a decent average his other numbers wont be that great. you should be able to find someone else who can put up a respectable average and help you out in atleast one other category.

i think beltre is pretty much done. if you look at his splits, he always seems to do well in august but reverts back to his normal pathetic numbers in september. konerko and ramirez are better options.
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby ramble2 » Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:55 am

Personally, I blame the Dodgers organization more than Green. Players tend to want to 'tough things out'. It's the boys upstairs who need to have the guts to put these guys on the DL even when they don't want to. Had the Dodgers done that, they would have gotten insurance money for Green's lost time and it would have been easier for them to go out and get another bat for that lineup.

I think this is another example of why the management of a team is so important in baseball.
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 5)

Return to Baseball Leftovers