Anyone know about C Coste? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Anyone know about C Coste?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Anyone know about C Coste?

Postby mcliffy2 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:29 pm

Philly's catcher: 12-25, 2 HR, 7 RBI over last 7 games. On the season in 80 AB: 13 R, 4 HR, 19 RBI, .375 BA, .419 OBP.

He is out of the lineup tonight, but looks like his PT might be increasing (4-5 games/week maybe??). Considering Napoli is hurting, I'm thinking bout grabbing him, but really have no idea what the deal is with him.
mcliffy2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Super Manny » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:29 pm

Chris Coste is a 33-year old rookie just now getting his first taste of the Major Leagues. While he is definitely a feel-good story, I don't forsee him as a reliable fantasy option at catcher. However, he did have a career year at AAA last season, batting .292 with 20 HR and 89 RBI, so I suppose there is a SMALL chance that moderate success could continue, given sufficient at-bats. I definitely wouldn't bet on it, though.

FWIW, Coste was batting .177 with 2 HR and 14 RBI in 147 AB at the time of his call-up. :-o

"When you don't feel good and you still get hits, that's when you know you are a bad man." -Manuel A. Ramirez
Super Manny
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:23 pm

they are starting to sit lieberthal and playing coste in recent games. i think if you are looking for a catcher that wont affect your team negatively, coste is a safe choice. too bad lieberthal wasnt traded, maybe he will go to another team via waiver claim/trade?
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby mcliffy2 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:09 am

I just dropped Napoli and grabbed Martin...I'm going to monitor Coste though...maybe he is a guy who just needed a chance.
mcliffy2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Philly Pride » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:08 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:they are starting to sit lieberthal and playing coste in recent games. i think if you are looking for a catcher that wont affect your team negatively, coste is a safe choice. too bad lieberthal wasnt traded, maybe he will go to another team via waiver claim/trade?

Nobody wants a crappy, washed up, $7.5M-a-year catcher who has no arm, can't call a game worth crap and can't hit.

The Phillies probably want to give Coste a look to see if he has some future with them, and he has a hot bat. I say go for him.
Philly Pride
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Return to Baseball Leftovers