Hoffman to close - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Hoffman to close

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:40 pm

Maybe I've missed an article somewhere, but I haven't seen anything in print with a source that says Hoffman won't close or will only pitch every three days. If anyone has found such an article, please post it. This whole situation has been confusing and I don't care how it goes, but I'd like to know ahead of time what's planned for Beck/Hoffman.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Don Mattingly » Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:44 pm

He worked this hard to come back and they activated him there's absolutely no way he will be restricted to throwing 10-15 pitches every third day... He throws more than that in workouts lmao.
Don Mattingly
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Madison » Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:48 pm

Don Mattingly wrote:He worked this hard to come back and they activated him there's absolutely no way he will be restricted to throwing 10-15 pitches every third day... He throws more than that in workouts lmao.

I know. It makes no sense to me either. Everything I'm reading says he will regain the closer's role when he's ready and they might not pitch him 3 days in a row, but other than that, he should be fine. Unfortunately, there are people saying "He won't close" or "He's only going to pitch every third day" but they are not giving sources, links, articles, or anything to back it up. Like I said, it makes no difference to me, saves is not a problem at all for me the rest of the year. I'd just like to know what information is correct, just in case I missed something somewhere. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Don Mattingly » Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:51 pm

I agree... would be nice to know for sure. My guess is that someone misunderstood "won't pitch 3 days in a row" for "will pitch every 3 days."
Don Mattingly
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Madison » Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:54 pm

Don Mattingly wrote:I agree... would be nice to know for sure. My guess is that someone misunderstood "won't pitch 3 days in a row" for "will pitch every 3 days."

You are most likely correct. ;-D

Unfortunately I've seen people giving advice that Hoffman is worthless because he's only going to pitch every 3rd day. :-/

Until I see that in print, I don't believe it for a minute.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Don Mattingly » Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:56 pm

I'll probably add him for kicks but I'm also far enough ahead in saves that just keeping gagne in the lineup will keep me on top ;-)
Don Mattingly
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Madison » Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:59 pm

Don Mattingly wrote:I'll probably add him for kicks but I'm also far enough ahead in saves that just keeping gagne in the lineup will keep me on top ;-)

I've had a very interesting group of people closing in most of my leagues, but I'm in the top 2 of all 5 leagues in saves. No problem for me at all the rest of the year.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby DGroundhog » Thu Sep 04, 2003 1:30 am

Rotoworld is the source saying he will pitch every 3rd day.

Trevor Hoffman pitched a perfect seventh inning Tuesday to earn a hold in his season debut. Hoffman topped out at 86 mph in the game. Manager Bruce Bochy plans to use him every third day for now. If it's not Hoffman's turn to pitch, Rod Beck will close.

[b][size=18]70*[/size][/b]
* Steroid induced record
DGroundhog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby eftda » Thu Sep 04, 2003 1:33 am

this thread sucks, i picked up hoffman as my 36th transaction this year and i get only 40 in a season... and hes just a middle reliver... what the crap... so i droped him for klob... (did i spell his name right?)
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Thu Sep 04, 2003 1:36 am

DGroundhog wrote:Rotoworld is the source saying he will pitch every 3rd day.

Trevor Hoffman pitched a perfect seventh inning Tuesday to earn a hold in his season debut. Hoffman topped out at 86 mph in the game. Manager Bruce Bochy plans to use him every third day for now. If it's not Hoffman's turn to pitch, Rod Beck will close.

Thanks Groundhog! ;-D I was wondering where that information was coming from.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers