What if you had year-round access to your Yahoo! league... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What if you had year-round access to your Yahoo! league...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby garf112 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:07 pm

chadlincoln wrote:
swyck wrote:Keeper feature. Off season trades.

Auction drafts would be nice. :-B
;-D ;-D

Free stat tracker like ESPN/CBS does.

A direct link from every league home page to the Cafe. ;-7

Don't you have to pay for ESPN/CBS teams? that doesn't exaclty make stat tracker free, does it?

Yahoo PLUS leagues give all owners stat tracker "for free."

I would like to see stats broken down by month, quarterly, pre ASB, post ASB and whatnot for roto teams.

I'd also like to see records that you could keep from year to year. (have a minimum at bats/ip for daily records, also)
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chadlincoln » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:59 pm

garf112 wrote:
chadlincoln wrote:
swyck wrote:Keeper feature. Off season trades.

Auction drafts would be nice. :-B
;-D ;-D

Free stat tracker like ESPN/CBS does.

A direct link from every league home page to the Cafe. ;-7

Don't you have to pay for ESPN/CBS teams? that doesn't exaclty make stat tracker free, does it?

Yahoo PLUS leagues give all owners stat tracker "for free."

I would like to see stats broken down by month, quarterly, pre ASB, post ASB and whatnot for roto teams.

I'd also like to see records that you could keep from year to year. (have a minimum at bats/ip for daily records, also)
I get it through CBS in a leauge I didn't pay for, but maybe, just like Yahoo, if you buy it in one league you have it for all your leagues. I know in football, ESPN has it for free.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby theclefe » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:59 pm

LOGOS! Not Yahoo Avatars. Something you can customize.

As for year round feature, a way to track transactions from previous years.

An off the wall suggestion, have an option for mini tournament preseason with Spring training statistics.
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:10 pm

If Yahoo were to go to year-round access, I'd think they'd need to expand their league message board. Instead of just having one place to post, you could have an area where people can talk about what trades they want and etc. Think of something like Proboards merged with Yahoo - it'd work to meet a lot of the needs mentioned above.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Loveable Losers » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:20 pm

jondunc wrote:A page that displays how long each team was in each positon (e.g. Team A was in first place 67% of the season, second place 21%, etc.)

A page where you could reference everyone's maximum games left.

A page that lists the cumulative numbers you received from each position (e.g. Team A used 7 1B over the season and their total numbers were...)

I love these ideas: would love to have ip used on the standings page as well as I currently have to copy/paste from every single team's page to get the k/ip, win/ip and sv/ip numbers.

I'd like to see the addition of a minor-league section to Yahoo as well as the expansion of the players in Yahoo's database. Basically have all reasonably high level minor leaguers already in Yahoo's database marked with a minor league tag (NA or ML would both work). This would serve a few purposes. First of all you could actually set up leagues with a certain number of minor league slots (very useful for keepers that use minor leaguers). Second of all it would remove the issues with the lag between the time a player is called up and the time that the player hits the majors. Lastly leagues could choose to have the NA/ML players available from draft day on or not meaning that leagues could allow people to draft guys like Alex Gordon right off the bat (even if there isn't a minor league roster) or to have things work the way they do now - that when a guy is called up they go to waivers first. Having a few options along with all of the minor leaguers loaded in from the beginning opens up a lot of new league setups that aren't currently available now.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby SAV » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:29 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
Submariner wrote:Is everyone at Yahoo from Pittsburgh?

}:-)

I'd like to see Keeper features, or some how to use Yahoo! drafting software for mocks.

Sad truth is that some people use Yahoo public leagues for mock drafts now. They sign up, go through the draft, and then let the team lay idle while they participate in the league they want to compete in.

A true mock draft tool would be good.
Thank you!
SAV

“You win pennants in the off season when you build your teams with trades and free agents.” –Earl Weaver
SAV
College Coach
College Coach

Postby SAV » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:40 pm

A couple more ....

1.) more options on period to see stats for: Last week, last 2 weeks, last month, and 3 yr average

2.) a roster grid function with positions down side & teams accross the top ... an easy way to compare team-by-team position ownership.

3.) extend the window on favorable matchups. Many times I've wanted to use this tool for tomorrow's matchup rather than today's.
Thank you!
SAV

“You win pennants in the off season when you build your teams with trades and free agents.” –Earl Weaver
SAV
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Esen » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:05 pm

Salary ANd Player page,
A page where I can change my salaries and over all salary cap for my team.

I would like to be able to change the dollar amounts for the individual players and the total team cap
also be able to switch the players in the position slots
Have
Batters (include utility spot)
Pitchers
Bench
PL

Also would love to have included Salry years (total and current year)
ex:
Year 2 of 4

Have Minor league system List where you can list your minor league players and history information
ex:

Lastings Milledge drafted 2005 pick 1.8
Chad Orvella drafted 2005 pick 3.17
Brandon Wood drafted 2006 pick 1.1

Also have an inventory section. Where you can list the draft picks you have for the upcoming minor league draft such as

picks
2.8 (aquired from Razors)

Also $ inventory
ex:
$260 cap
$14 aquired from the gilliagans for 2007 only

Etc...
notes section.

2006 keeper exception: Varitek
2006 Arbitration player:

You get the Idea.

Also a waiver list

Players picked up from free agents:
Players picked up from Waivers:

This kind of stuff would help immensley

as well as :
League Awards
League overall standings
League records

Oh and a history of players traded away and aquired
with stats of how they have faired since they were traded away.
This would be a part of a trade diary that would also include complete trade parameters
ex:
Esen traded:
2007 2nd round pick $15 Scott Kazmir
Jojo traded: Utley, Carlos ZAmbrano paid zambrano salary tyo

and then have links on the players that show there records before and since being traded.

This way you can really see how you faired.

Another great feature would be a salary analysis that shows the avg salary being paid per player over all of the dynasty keeper leagues in Yahoo that fit into your cap structure.
That would be HUGE.

Thanks.

Thanks
~Erik
Esen
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 6)

Postby mcqfesijiba » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:08 pm

My #1 feature for a year round league: Keep a free version! Or else a lot of keeper leagues would just stay away and just start a new league every year and transfer rosters over using free leagues. Start with free year round leagues that only differ in that the league doesn't vanish and can be reused year after year (along with the minor tweaks that need to be made to make the transition from offseason to the season work. example: ability to change team owners which is disabled after a season starts in Yahoo leagues), THEN a whole bunch of nice bells and whistles can be added for some special year round leagues that cost money.

Reading this thread a lot of the ideas sound to me like they don't necessarily have to do with the idea of year round leagues as much as they do Yahoo leagues in general.

Features I'd like to see include:
All-Time stats/standings, (example: standings that not only include the current season, but past seasons as well all into one). That would work great for h2h leagues, but wouldn't be too bad for roto leagues either.
A automatically managed method for doing slow, offline drafts within the league. Using a message board works ok, but if there was a method which made the commissioner's job easier, then great!
And most importantly the ability to incorporate minor leaguers into the game. That way, if someone for example owns the rights to Alex Gordon, they don't have to wait for him to be added to Yahoo. He'll sit on that teams roster using up a minors spot (or something to that effect) and not be usable until that team makes room on their major league roster and activates him. At least one person already mentioned this in the thread, but it's just that important that it needs to be mentioned as much as possible.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Loveable Losers » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:14 pm

I love the 'inventory' idea mentioned before. Our league often trades both 2007 draft picks and 2007 prospect draft picks. Having the ability to move those would be great. Also, the ability to trade waiver wire priority, while not being part of a long-term league per se, is something that long term leagues would be more likely to do.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers