Trades you're glad that got declined - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Trades you're glad that got declined

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trades you're glad that got declined

Postby Belle4Hall88 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:12 am

Had the day off today, was extremley bored and was looking at all the offers I've sent this year. Came across some that I am really glad the other owner declined. Some of these would be...

- My Chris Young for his Willy Mo Pena, back when Pena was on the Reds.

- My John Lackey for his Jeremy Hermida & Rocco Baldelli. This was preseason & I was really was into the Hermida hype from the cafe.

- My Andruw Jones for his Rich Harden (preseason.)

- My Aramis Ramirez & Casey Blake for his Garry Sheffield(before Shef was on the DL & A-Ram was struggling.)

- My Scott Olsen & Mike Piazza for his Barry Bonds.

- My Scott Olsen & Aramis Ramirez for his Jake Peavy.

- My Adam Dunn for his Jose Valverde(Jose was lights out and Dunn was hovering around .230)

- My Akinori Otsuka for his Todd Coffey(THANK GOD! Some reason I thought Aki's days were #'d and Coffey was going to be a better closer.)

- Marcus Thames & Felipe Lopez for Mark Buehrle and Barry Bonds.

- My John Lackey for his Aaron Rowand(Lackey hadn't caught fire yet.)

- My John Lackey for his Brian Fuentes.

- My John Lackey for his Johnny Gomes.

- My John Lackey for his Bob Wickman.

And my personal favorite. The one I would still be throwing up over. My Fransisco Liriano(when he was still a reliver) John Lackey(4 wins and a 3something ERA) & Scott Olson(either he was still in the minors or he had an era around 6ish cant remember wich one, either way I was close to dropping him) for his Jose Valverde, Tim Hudson & Coco Crisp.
:-°
Belle4Hall88 Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Frappy » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:25 am

My Chris young and Jermaine Dye for Gary Sheffield (This year).

Its even better I declined because I then spun off Young for Holliday later on - A good deal.
Frappy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby River Rat » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:27 am

I do not have such a long and impressive list as yours.... but....

I do have one trade I declined and I like to throw up over every once in a while because of it.

The first week of the season. I was offerred Bary Zito for....drum roll please......

..............for my Oliver Perez :~(

I say no more! :-o
River Rat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Trades you're glad that got declined

Postby brandnew » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:15 am

Belle4Hall88 wrote:
And my personal favorite. The one I would still be throwing up over. My Fransisco Liriano(when he was still a reliver) John Lackey(4 wins and a 3something ERA) & Scott Olson(either he was still in the minors or he had an era around 6ish cant remember wich one, either way I was close to dropping him) for his Jose Valverde, Tim Hudson & Coco Crisp.

Man, that guy must be kicking himself really badly for that one.
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:24 am

I was offered Beltran and Webb for Hafner and Chad Tracy right when Beltran came back from the DL and Hafner was on a tear.

I'm sure the other owner was glad I declined it.

:-[ :-[ :-[ :~( :~( :~(
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:27 am

I made a bunch of stupid offers with Berkman before the season. Mainly targeting "stud" aces. Glad they were all rejected because guys like Harden and Peavy would have really been a pain in the rear.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Trades you're glad that got declined

Postby teddyballgamemvp » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:36 am

Belle4Hall88 wrote:

I thought Coco would have a better fantasy season than Sizemore, so you're not alone in overvaluing him.
Chris Iannetta was born on Krypton and transported to Earth as an infant and saves the universe when he's not getting on base every plate appearance.
teddyballgamemvp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jake_harv88 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:08 pm

River Rat wrote:I do not have such a long and impressive list as yours.... but....

I do have one trade I declined and I like to throw up over every once in a while because of it.

The first week of the season. I was offerred Bary Zito for....drum roll please......

..............for my Oliver Perez :~(

I say no more! :-o

why would you not accept this??? Zito is generally one of the more consistent pitchers in the game and o perez died last year. It makes no sense to reject this trade. And whoever thought crisp would have a better season than sizemore is retarded. Why would crisp steal more bases in the red sox lineup? granted i wouldn't have expected the drop-off we have seen this year but crisp had never crossed the 16 hr mark and never posted more than 71 rbis. To value crisp higher than sizemore is a mistake with no justification...
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Iconoclastic » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:52 pm

Do you use Yahoo? Where can you see trades that you offered and were declined?
[b]Bold Predictions:[/b]

Grady Sizemore will have more value than Jason Bay regardless of draft position

Aramis Ramirez in 155 G will hit over .300 40 HR 110 RBIs

Brian McCann will have more value than Jorge Posada regardless of draft position
Iconoclastic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby teddyballgamemvp » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:55 pm

jake_harv88 wrote:And whoever thought crisp would have a better season than sizemore is retarded. Why would crisp steal more bases in the red sox lineup? granted i wouldn't have expected the drop-off we have seen this year but crisp had never crossed the 16 hr mark and never posted more than 71 rbis. To value crisp higher than sizemore is a mistake with no justification...

I didn't mean to outperform Sizemore in every category, just overall. If you look at Damon's and Renteria's production last year and you believe that Crisp is a better offensive player (I did, and still do-- I expect him to be healthy and better next year), then the number of hits and runs scored and RBI, etc. would be higher than with Cleveland. Even though the Tribe had a nice lineup last year, it wasn't at all the powerhouse that the Red Sox had, and I expected Lowell and Loretta and Gonzo to allow them to have the same level of production this year (the volume of homers from Ortiz and Manny alone would send Crisp across the plate a ridiculous amount of times-- if he could get on base at a decent clip and I expected he would get pitches to hit because of Loretta and Ortiz and Manny behind him-- and he could score from 1st on every double hit behind him because of his speed). I expected 20 homers because of getting pitches to hit. Francona decided in ST that Coco would have a greenlight on SBs. And Crisp, because he'd see more pitches over the plate, would hit 20 homers. I believe that he was going to have an amazing year before the broken finger. People forget how great he looked in ST (not that it means much, but he started the regular season just like he played in ST).
Chris Iannetta was born on Krypton and transported to Earth as an infant and saves the universe when he's not getting on base every plate appearance.
teddyballgamemvp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers