Leagues: Activity, Max moves, and fairness. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Leagues: Activity, Max moves, and fairness.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby reenum » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:23 am

I'd say that instead of attempting to 'level the playing field', every other owner in your league needs to step up.

I've been in a very active league the past few years, and I find it fun to make moves and pick guys up on a hunch. To me, that's one of the essences of fantasy baseball strategy. I wouldn't take that away unless there's serious wrongdoing or collusion between owners.
I never smile if I can help it.... Showing one's teeth is a submission signal in primates. When someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life.
reenum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CBMGreatOne » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:25 am

I hate to say it, but maybe you guys just suck, relatively speaking. I mean no offence, but realistically, you do have to consider the possibility. You might start by making more than 40 moves. I'm guessing most folks here get several multiples of 40 fairly easily.

Hilarious.

I totally disagree with moves limits. If you pay attention every day, you can make a helpful roster move at least every other day.

This guy just sounds like a much better fantasy player than the rest of you, plain and simple.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby The Loveable Losers » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:27 pm

I have to say that he doesn't belong in the league with you all or vice versa. If the 11 of you want to play a non-competitive style of league where you just draft and pick up the occassional free agent that's fine but that's not the game that he's playing. He's playing to win and I don't like the idea of trying to come up with ways to stop him from winning.

In our league he'd be right around the average. We've got 14 teams and 7 of the 14 are already over 100 moves. I have 260 moves and that only puts me in 3rd place overall for number of moves. It's a mixed league with standard Yahoo positions so while the FA list isn't a wonderland it isn't a barren dessert either. I'm one of 3 teams currently streaming SP's (I wasn't streaming except for 2 weeks earlier in the season and this last week), one of the other teams has been streaming starters for the last month and the 3rd team has been streaming starters the majority of the year. Closers don't last very long...in fact they're usually gone BEFORE the news breaks. Speculation is rampant, everyone's looking for every single news tidbit they can get. Sounds like you need to kick this guy out of your league and send him to mine. ;)
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers