Danny Haren, CC - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests

Danny Haren, CC

Moderators: deluxe_247, kimchi_chigae, Mookie4ever, Baseball Moderators

Danny Haren, CC

Postby sportsguy138 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:15 pm

alrite well as some of you might know my first sig attempt was pathetic.. just terrible.. so i went through some of the video tutorials that chargersfan put up and i made this.. first sig on photoshop.. second sig ever.. i know the text sucks but what does everyone think? thanks to teddy for some help.. and thanks in advance ;-D

sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 403)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kaveman » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:29 pm

I'm new at photoshop also (made 7 sigs). I think it's great for a second sig attempt. I think the background is pretty good. The pic looks a little strange to me. I think you could blend the logo into the background and it might look better. It seems to have a lot of the elements of a good sig, but just needs a few adjustments. Keep trying. I think I learned a lot more in sigs 4-7 than in my first few, because it started to sink in as to what all the functions were actually doing, and you can get a little more creative.
kaveman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby chargersfan36 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:55 am

You stretched the pic out too much. Hold shift when you resize. Looks great for a second attempt. Hopefully I'll be able to make some new tutorials soon.
chargersfan36
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby sportsguy138 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:10 pm

hmm alrite.. thanks for the comments so far.. anyone else have any input?

btw where are some places i could get some more brushes? seems like in the tutorials there are a lot of different ones that started off with photoshop.. ive tried finding them and found a site in the other thread.. but wasnt too sure where to find them.. ive tried doing a couple more backgrounds the only thing is i end up having the same kind of effect as this one.. i cant seem to do anything else thats totally different. is this the problem with the brushes? or other stuff that i havent really learned too much about yet? :-?

thanks
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dem warriors » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:15 pm

brushes can be had from http://www.deviantart.com

[url=http://demwarriors.tripod.com/]My Sigs[/url]
dem warriors
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby sportsguy138 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:49 pm

dem warriors wrote:brushes can be had from http://www.deviantart.com

hmm.. i downloaded a couple of them but i just cant seem to be able to get it on my photoshop.. anyone know how im suppose to do that? sorry for all the questions, just haven't been able to figure it out

thanks for that site btw
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:52 pm

teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sportsguy138 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:11 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:This should help you: http://akvis.com/en/photoshop-tips/load-brush.php

problem is when i download it i cant find the file anywhere to move it.. :-[
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:16 pm

sportsguy138 wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:This should help you: http://akvis.com/en/photoshop-tips/load-brush.php

problem is when i download it i cant find the file anywhere to move it.. :-[

Go to search under the start menu, and search for files or folders. Then put in *.abr. This will search for all the brushes on your hard drive. It should come up with the one you downloaded, and the folder with the default ones. When you see the results of the search, move the brush you downloaded to the folder called Brushes. Then, when you try to load the brushes through Photoshop, it should go to that folder automatically and you should be set. I realize what I just typed may make no sense to you whatesoever though, so if not I'll try to clarify.

(I'm bad at describing things in text). !+)
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sportsguy138 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:28 pm

man i really dont wana mess somethin up.. so i want to make sure what im doing.. a few different ones but none of them look like the ones i downloaded, or called Brushes. should i just move all of them into the one called default brushes? :-? :-/
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests