Cleveland's Cabrera - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cleveland's Cabrera

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cleveland's Cabrera

Postby 128franco » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:19 pm

With Carmona blowing up, does it not make sense that he would next in line for save opps., as opposed to Betancourt
128franco
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Big Pimpin » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:24 pm

I think they're going to stick with Carmona. They don't care about this year any more, and it's more to see if Carmona can get it together to be their closer of the future. I really don't think it matters if he blows a few more, I think he's the closer for the rest of the season and they'll be able to see how he can handle it.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:07 pm

Wedge has said that Carmona would remain as the closer and Jason Davis getting the save tonight doesn't mean anything. Before the season began there was a lot of talk about Cabrera being the closer of the future for the Indians, but Cabrera struggled out of the gate and spent some time on the DL. There is still a chance Cabrera will be the closer someday and maybe they will let Carmona start again if he keeps struggling in the closer's role like he has, but I think that before Cabrera is given the chance they will go with Betancourt.

Carmona is a good pitcher, he should be successful not mater where they put him.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 608)

Postby dyuen87 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:17 am

Wont really make a difference, both have electric stuff but get lit up when they get thrown into the fire.
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby giants! » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:36 am

They should just leave Davis in there until he blows up. He is the only guy with a save.
giants!
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Super Manny » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:54 pm

Tonight, Cabrera came in for the bottom of the 8th with a 6-4 lead and men on 1st and 3rd with 1 out. He narrowly escaped giving up a homerun down the right field line to Carlos Guillen before escaping with a sacrifice fly (run charged to Betancourt). Then with two out and a man on first, he proceeded to get lucky once again with a foul ball homerun just outside the left field foul pole by Craig Monroe. The next time, he wasn't so lucky as Monroe got ahold of one and sent it into the stands, giving the Indians a 7-6 lead in the game.

I think it's safe to say Cabrera will NOT be considered for saves if Carmona continues to falter. Both Betancourt and Davis should get serious looks.

"When you don't feel good and you still get hits, that's when you know you are a bad man." -Manuel A. Ramirez
Super Manny
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby converge241 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:37 pm

ugh

whos next in line..hafner?
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 124)

Postby mcqfesijiba » Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:11 pm

Super Manny wrote:Tonight, Cabrera came in for the bottom of the 8th with a 6-4 lead and men on 1st and 3rd with 1 out. He narrowly escaped giving up a homerun down the right field line to Carlos Guillen before escaping with a sacrifice fly (run charged to Betancourt). Then with two out and a man on first, he proceeded to get lucky once again with a foul ball homerun just outside the left field foul pole by Craig Monroe. The next time, he wasn't so lucky as Monroe got ahold of one and sent it into the stands, giving the Indians a 7-6 lead in the game.

I think it's safe to say Cabrera will NOT be considered for saves if Carmona continues to falter. Both Betancourt and Davis should get serious looks.
In his defense, Monroe has been on absolute fire lately. Monroe completely owned Cabrera in that entire at bat. Cabera's command has been off most of the year and he got burned by a big mistake to Monroe. Cabrera's still young, so maybe he can put it together next year, because this doesn't look like his year.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby INKcogKNEEdough » Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:50 am

I still say Cabrera is the man in the long run. He is making me look foolish with that prediction so far, but I am stubbornly sticking to it. I drafted him in a keeper for $3 bucks so I admit a certain amount of biased or hopefulness, but I also have a 'knack' for finding closers before they become closer(knock on wood). ex:krod,street,gagne,nathan,beck, among others. Now starting pitchers THAT is a different story. I have personally ruined the season (if not careers) of many many quality 'stud' sp's. (sheets, schilling,wood,prior,peavy,this list could go on for 3 pages but I will stop there).

just my opinion

INK
"There was shrinkage!".....(George costanza)

Http://www.briliantdonkey.blogspot.com
INKcogKNEEdough
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers