Andruw Jones on Waivers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Andruw Jones on Waivers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:21 am

GotowarMissAgnes wrote:Very unlikely for the Twins. The waiver order goes by record within league, then jumps to the other league and goes by record. So, it's much more likely to be an NL team. Cubs and Pittsburgh are the two worst, teams, but I doubt they made a claim. It's the next set of teams: SF, Houston (lots of prospects), Colorado, LA, Florida, Philly that probably made the claim. I'm not sure of the standings on Wed., but I've seen some discussion that suggested Houston.

It's order of the 29 other teams regardless of league. If two claims are made by two teams with the same record, then the tema inthe same league has priority.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tavish » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:42 am

teddy ballgame wrote:
GotowarMissAgnes wrote:Very unlikely for the Twins. The waiver order goes by record within league, then jumps to the other league and goes by record. So, it's much more likely to be an NL team. Cubs and Pittsburgh are the two worst, teams, but I doubt they made a claim. It's the next set of teams: SF, Houston (lots of prospects), Colorado, LA, Florida, Philly that probably made the claim. I'm not sure of the standings on Wed., but I've seen some discussion that suggested Houston.

It's order of the 29 other teams regardless of league. If two claims are made by two teams with the same record, then the tema inthe same league has priority.

No, its based on league.

Once a player is placed on Major League Waivers, he remains so from 2 p.m. ET on the day waivers are requested (or the first business day thereafter) until 1 p.m. ET two business days later. Interested clubs must place their claims during that 47-hour period. For an American League player placed on Major League Waivers, the claim priority order is based on win-loss record, with the worst AL team having first shot, every other AL team falling next in the pecking order, worst to best, then all NL teams having their shot, worst to best.

Link

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 70)

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:52 am

I've seen it described both ways. It used to be that the post July 31 waivers were called "major league waivers" and the order went by league. in other words, if two teams from different leabues claimed him, the team in the same league had priority, regardless of record

http://www.mlb4u.com/wiki/index.php/Waivers

If that's been changed, I missed it. I couldn't find anything official, so if you have a link, I'd appreciate it.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:55 am

That's what I though, Tavish, but then also on the MLB site you can find this:

http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/NASApp/ml ... p&c_id=atl
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:59 am

GotowarMissAgnes wrote:I've seen it described both ways. It used to be that the post July 31 waivers were called "major league waivers" and the order went by league. in other words, if two teams from different leabues claimed him, the team in the same league had priority, regardless of record

http://www.mlb4u.com/wiki/index.php/Waivers

If that's been changed, I missed it. I couldn't find anything official, so if you have a link, I'd appreciate it.

You're correct, I misread the rules on ESPN.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wrveres » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:17 am

brandnew wrote:
jake_harv88 wrote:quick question here..... what are 10-5 rights??? Ok and let me know if i understand this right. If Jones had cleared waivers he could have been traded to any team for any guy. But if he gets plucked off waivers then the Braves can only get minor leaguers for him. Also if the Braves dont like that deal they can pull him back off of the waivers right??? Correct me if im wrong. Thanks for the help...

If he gets claimed, they can only deal with the team that claimed him. If more than one team claims him, the team with the worst record in the same league gets priority. The team can pull that player back once in August. If they throw him back out there before September again, they can't pull him back. I can't seem to find anything regarding who they get back..... I hate waivers.

the reason the other poster said the Braves would only get back minor league players, is because all players involved in the deal must clear waivers if they are on a 40 man roster. This in itself makes a trade prior to Anduw becoming 10-5 guy nearly impossible. MLB GM's don't send everybody thru at once. They tend to scatter the players out over the first two weeks.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1147)

Postby Havok1517 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:13 pm

is it possible to place players off or on the 40 man roster at any time during the season?
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 103)

Postby wrveres » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:35 pm

Havok1517 wrote:is it possible to place players off or on the 40 man roster at any time during the season?

yes, but there are a ton of stipulations that come with doing so.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1147)

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:51 pm

Havok1517 wrote:is it possible to place players off or on the 40 man roster at any time during the season?

If you ever see the term "purchased his contract from x", with x being a minor league team, then it means they were previously not on the 40 man roster, but have been added to it. ;-D
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers