Brandon Webb with elbow soreness - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Brandon Webb with elbow soreness

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Brandon Webb with elbow soreness

Postby Dannomyte » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:42 pm

From Fanball

THE NEWS
Brandon Webb could miss his scheduled start on Saturday after being sent back to Arizona with soreness in his elbow. According to the Associated Press, Webb underwent an MRI on Wednesday that revealed no structural damage, but the Diamondbacks ace has reportedly been experiencing sorness since the All-Star game. "How much we push back, we'll see whether it's just a couple of days or a skip," general manager Josh Byrnes told the AP. "Saturday is unlikely."

Our View
Webb battled through the soreness for eight innings in a win over the Cubs on Monday, but the D-Backs want to take it easy with their star pitcher. The team insists the elbow issue is nothing serious, but any time a pitcher is dealing with an injury to his pitching arm, one has to take notice. We'll keep you updated on Webb's status as we hear more.
Dannomyte
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SmartassBoiler » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:09 pm

First Liriano, now Webb. I hope this is nothing major with either of them.
SmartassBoiler
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Prooks25 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:13 pm

SmartassBoiler wrote:First Liriano, now Webb. I hope this is nothing major with either of them.

First Liriano, then Kazmir, now Webb

Add that to Kent, Berkman, Weeks and my huge first place lead is now down to zero.
Prooks25
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Fantasy Fan » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:15 pm

Hopefully it's not serious, but if it's just one start I don't mind it at all. He was scheduled to pitch against Clemens, and since I own Clemens I was dreading that game. I hate it when two of my pitchers go against each other.

Of course, for the 99% of people who aren't in that situation, this sucks. Who knows, maybe the rest will help him get his mojo back.
Fantasy Fan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yin_Xu88 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:35 pm

Fantasy Fan wrote:Hopefully it's not serious, but if it's just one start I don't mind it at all. He was scheduled to pitch against Clemens, and since I own Clemens I was dreading that game. I hate it when two of my pitchers go against each other.

Of course, for the 99% of people who aren't in that situation, this sucks. Who knows, maybe the rest will help him get his mojo back.

but u know the Stros never give Clemens any run support :-D .

Anyways, I hope Webb is ok because Wang is my 2nd best starter:-o
Yin_Xu88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Prooks25 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:50 pm

Fantasy Fan wrote:Hopefully it's not serious, but if it's just one start I don't mind it at all. He was scheduled to pitch against Clemens, and since I own Clemens I was dreading that game. I hate it when two of my pitchers go against each other.

I have the same matchup. I guess we did luck out then.
Prooks25
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby iftn » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:32 pm

Prooks25 wrote:
SmartassBoiler wrote:First Liriano, now Webb. I hope this is nothing major with either of them.

exact same for me. i make amazing moves to get these guys and its all taken away because of injuries. no one else has even half the injuries i have.

(not to mention gagne, kent, rios, reyes, pedro....)
iftn
College Coach
College Coach

Postby FalcoAtL » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:56 pm

Maybe Micah Owings will get the start on Saturday. He's been on the fast track to the majors. Has struggled some in Triple A, but Edgar and Nippert certainly aren't better options.
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby TonyCee » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:02 pm

Prooks25 wrote:

I have the same matchup. I guess we did luck out then.

Word. And not that it means much but Smoltz doesn't have to face Arroyo this Sunday either as Bronson asked to be moved up to Saturday. Not bad considering I own Smoltz & Clemens :-)
TonyCee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby kemper5 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:35 am

Prooks25 wrote:

Add that to Kent, Berkman, Weeks and my huge first place lead is now down to zero.

How about having Webb, Kaz,Berk and Varitek in the lineup this week.. Im getting crushed and may miss the playoffs due to this..
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates