Chen-Mieng Wang (Merged) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Chen-Mieng Wang (Merged)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:19 pm

acsguitar wrote:I love wang!! ;-D

I notice you didn't capitalize the W....

:-o :-o :-o

Not that there's anything wrong with that... :-b
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazing Oopah » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:26 pm

my waiver wire is so threadbare in one league that I actually started him in a K/9 & K/BB league :-o At least he got me 8 scoreless and a win :-°
Amazing Oopah
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 4)

Postby giants! » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:42 pm

Amazing Oopah wrote:my waiver wire is so threadbare in one league that I actually started him in a K/9 & K/BB league :-o At least he got me 8 scoreless and a win :-°

He will give you 2/1 k/bb
giants!
General Manager
General Manager

Postby blankman » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:46 pm

giants! wrote:
Amazing Oopah wrote:my waiver wire is so threadbare in one league that I actually started him in a K/9 & K/BB league :-o At least he got me 8 scoreless and a win :-°

More like 1.23 k/bb
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby WhiteHot » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:54 pm

DK wrote:Nice try but without even looking I know Pud Galvin is far from the modern era. ;-)

Not a bad season in '84.

72 G, 71 CG, 12 SHO, 1.99 ERA, and a .988 WHIP.

That's approaching Liriano's level.
WhiteHot
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Zito is God » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:57 pm

Torre is on record saying he believe Wang can be the ace of the staff in a few years so I can't argue with that. I picked him up as a FA after a shaky couple of starts this year in my 16 team dynasty league and it has been more then I could have ever hoped for from my #4-5 pitcher.

He is definetly no Webb, Webb's sinker has ridiculous movement while Wang's is more efficient at getting the bat weakly on the ball. Webb's fastball also have much more movement. The fact is that this guy has 20 game winner written all over him (no Cy Young because of the low K ratios though) in the future with that offense. He is arguably the most efficient pitcher in the game right now (I believe he is averaging somewhere around 90 pitcher per 7 innings) and his FB/GB ratio is absolutely amazing (outside yesturday's game, he had a great start but I believe the FB/GB ratio was equal).

I am a believer.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Amazing Oopah » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:00 pm

giants! wrote:

He'll give me that if I'm lucky. Still he got like, what, 3 k's yesterday? That's like a 10 k day for him, I can't complain O:-)
Amazing Oopah
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby tianyi86 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:05 pm

I have seen wangs fastball hit 97, but i dont trust the yankee radar gone even as a yankee fan. Its always 2-3 mph faster than other radar guns.

As for k's, as I said, he doesnt need to k. His goal is to throw the ball out there so you hit it to the infielders. If he starts walking alot and his gb:fb ratio takes a huge hit, then I would be worried about his K/9 ratio.
tianyi86
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby michaelp » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:06 pm

He posses a great Sinker, That very same sinker blanked the A's , while back. He is a very good pitcher when he get used to his surroundings. Torre is right, he will be the Ace of the team, he will only get better because he will get know the Ballparks in the American League. Seasoning is the key to his success in the future
michaelp
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby mweir145 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:14 pm

The only guy who's been more efficient this season as a starting pitcher in terms of pitches per inning has been Roy Halladay. That's some good company to be a part of in only your 2nd season in the bigs. I believe Wang also has gotten more ground balls than the 2 ground ball machines, Halladay and Webb. Certainly he can be a successful pitcher in this league, and on the Yankees he can easily be a big wins producer.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers