Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:20 pm

Jivedude wrote:I've got:

Parker Classic Fly(transparent blue)
Parker Nite Fly (single coil pickups)
Taylor 355 12 string acoustic
Taylor 312-CE acoustic

I'm going to rob you now.

I want a Parker Fly really really bad...I'll trade you a Don Mattingly rookie card for one ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Jivedude » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:24 pm

acsguitar wrote:

Taylor 312-CE acoustic

I want a Parker Fly really really bad...I'll trade you a Don Mattingly rookie card for one ;-D

Pfft! Perhaps you forgot that I'm a Red Sox fan? Anyway, you should definitely get one!
Jivedude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby acsguitar » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:27 pm

Jivedude wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

Taylor 312-CE acoustic

Pfft! Perhaps you forgot that I'm a Red Sox fan? Anyway, you should definitely get one!

Ok my goal now in vegas is to win enough to buy one ;-D
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby The_Met_Threat » Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:07 pm

I got a fender strat, but will very soon have a new guitar.

Looking at Gibson Les Paul Classic or Fender Strat (american). I dunno i guess i still gotta try em out.

Been playing for about a year or so, i don't play acoustic but i'll play acoustic songs on my Strat, just unplugged. My amp is a piece of crap but im gonna get a new guitar before i get a new amp, but its a Fender Frontman...

In terms of Acs' development scale, i guess i'm right inbetween the GnR and Hendrix. I am starting to get into a lot of Hendrix stuff. I play lead rather than rhythm, and usually the first thing ill try to play is the solo.

Acs i am going through pretty much the same way as you did as i started out with Nirvana then Metallica and GnR, I love Tool, Phish and the Dead too but Tool is just too complex for me sometimes cuz they player in crazy stuff like 9-4, and Phish and the Dead are a little too hard since my improvisation skills are meh and their styles are so unique.

My main problem is getting up to speed with fast solos. For some reason i think Little Wing is an impressive feat, maybe because i looked at it about half a year back and said i cant do this, but now that i know how hendrix played it, i guess its easy, so not a lot of people will find that impressive. I can play most mainstream metallica/GnR songs hto.
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby acsguitar » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:30 pm

The_Met_Threat wrote:I got a fender strat, but will very soon have a new guitar.

Looking at Gibson Les Paul Classic or Fender Strat (american). I dunno i guess i still gotta try em out.

Been playing for about a year or so, i don't play acoustic but i'll play acoustic songs on my Strat, just unplugged. My amp is a piece of crap but im gonna get a new guitar before i get a new amp, but its a Fender Frontman...

In terms of Acs' development scale, i guess i'm right inbetween the GnR and Hendrix. I am starting to get into a lot of Hendrix stuff. I play lead rather than rhythm, and usually the first thing ill try to play is the solo.

Acs i am going through pretty much the same way as you did as i started out with Nirvana then Metallica and GnR, I love Tool, Phish and the Dead too but Tool is just too complex for me sometimes cuz they player in crazy stuff like 9-4, and Phish and the Dead are a little too hard since my improvisation skills are meh and their styles are so unique.

My main problem is getting up to speed with fast solos. For some reason i think Little Wing is an impressive feat, maybe because i looked at it about half a year back and said i cant do this, but now that i know how hendrix played it, i guess its easy, so not a lot of people will find that impressive. I can play most mainstream metallica/GnR songs hto.

Sounds like some good progression. Remember Hendrix is amazing. Its cool play his stuff your own way because the only one I've ever seen do him justice was SRV
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby The_Met_Threat » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:12 pm

acsguitar wrote:
The_Met_Threat wrote:I got a fender strat, but will very soon have a new guitar.

Sounds like some good progression. Remember Hendrix is amazing. Its cool play his stuff your own way because the only one I've ever seen do him justice was SRV

Exactly, my Hendrix riffs sound choppy at times but so were his, they are not exact cuz i add or take off a little and kinda just do my own thing like you said.
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby 1337_Dude » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:07 am

I play a little bit. I have a crappy acoustic and a begginerish Ibanez. My most amazing feat so far is being able to remember the few songs I know. I pretty much stick to easier chord type stuff. I can play a few Pearl Jam, STP, and a few Audioslave songs.

acsguitar wrote:Sounds like some good progression. Remember Hendrix is amazing. Its cool play his stuff your own way because the only one I've ever seen do him justice was SRV

I think Hendrix would want you to kind of do your own thing if you were playing his stuff.

Speaking of doing Jimi justice, I've heard Mike McCready do a very nice version of Little Wing. He starts playing it and then kicks into Maggot Brain. It's one of my favorite solo's I've ever heard and easily my favorite live solo.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby AcidRock23 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:33 am

1337_Dude wrote: I think Hendrix would want you to kind of do your own thing if you were playing his stuff.

:-D ;-D *applause*!!
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to General Talk