Bondermon 4 MVP (maybe not mvp this year...) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bondermon 4 MVP (maybe not mvp this year...)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Bondermon 4 MVP (maybe not mvp this year...)

Postby eftda » Tue Sep 02, 2003 1:11 am

vote for bondermon

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=7106

come on, how can u say that his numbers can not be matched

he could be starting for you ;-D
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Tue Sep 02, 2003 1:14 am

I think it's a tight race between Bonderman and Moroth right now. :-?
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby eftda » Tue Sep 02, 2003 1:15 am

game 7 of the world series... who do you want on the mound Moroth or bondermon... OR.... you just tell the other team "you guys suck and we are better, so we are not playing you" like thw Giants in..... i think 1908
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Tue Sep 02, 2003 1:17 am

I'd put both on the mound at the same time. Both go into the windup and act like they are going to throw a pitch, but only one of them has a ball. That might work, sounds like something out of the "Bad News Bears". :*)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby miller24 » Tue Sep 02, 2003 1:22 am

I wish they played for the Cubs...

Then Baker could ruin them too ;-)
miller24
College Coach
College Coach

Postby d18Mike » Tue Sep 02, 2003 5:16 am

I really feel sorry for him -- here's a kid who was rushed to the majors long before he was ready to pitch at that level and he gets stuck on the worst team in baseball (history?).

For what it's worth, Bonderman is/was considered a superb prospect. The only knocks on the Tigers door at trade time were for Bonderman and the Tigers wouldn't move him.

He's seen as a Kevin Millwood-like pitcher -- a long way to go to get there, but he has the potential.
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Arlo » Tue Sep 02, 2003 6:26 am

Agreed with d18Mike. I think Bonderman is still an excellent prospect (and pitching in that park, he could turn into a very solid fantasy player), but I don't think this year helped his development. Not letting him develop in the minors still strikes me as a very risky decision...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ramble2 » Tue Sep 02, 2003 10:41 am

I was really worried about rushing him up at the beginning of the season, but he seems to have handled himself well.

Hopefully this hasn't hurt his development, but been a useful year for him. I think all knowledgable Tiger fans have been able to see past the raw numbers and appreciate the fact that he's a AA kid pitching in the majors. (It's been hard not to notice... :~( )

Don't get me wrong, though I'm a huge Tigers fan, I'm not an apologist for them. I think they made a huge mistake bringing him up so early, and I think it's a friggin' disservice to the fans, MLB and Trammell (and the other coaches) with that squad they put together. I mean c'mon, it's a complete joke of a team. I just have to hope that the firing of Randy Smith for Dumbrowski is the first step in the right direction.

It's gonna be a long time comin' for the Tigers...
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 66)

Postby Madison » Tue Sep 02, 2003 10:51 am

The Tigers fed him to the wolves too early and it's showing. With Bonderman's attitude and the way he's handled himself, he seems to be taking it as a learning experience. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he does significantly better next year. Maybe still not worth owning, but a good turnaround and possibly worth owning in 2005. Should prove interesting to see how he does next year.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby mcqfesijiba » Tue Sep 02, 2003 10:56 am

I'm a Tigers fan and the way they handled Bonderman has disappointed me. There was absolutely no need to rush him to the Major Leagues. They could have lost just as many games with anybody else. There were veteran pitchers out there with no jobs at the start of the season. There were also some AAA pitchers who could have lost just as many games in the Majors as Bonderman, too.

Anyways, I think Bonderman had a good season despite the situation he was thrown into. He deserves praise, even though the numbers weren't great.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers