blalock's shoulder? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

blalock's shoulder?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

blalock's shoulder?

Postby fbc_fan » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:20 pm

there was a note about him having shoulder soreness on yahoo. does anyone know anything about this? it is the first that i've heard of it.
thanks to madison/go_jays_go for the slick sig!
fbc_fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: blalock's shoulder?

Postby Prooks25 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:27 pm

fbc_fan wrote:there was a note about him having shoulder soreness on yahoo. does anyone know anything about this? it is the first that i've heard of it.

I'm about to go hunt Blalock down and beat his ass for screwing over my fantasy team with such putrid play.
Prooks25
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby fbc_fan » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:31 am

not that i completely trust anything yahoo says anymore, but i'm with you. his play has been absolutely horrible for the last month or two. i'm so glad i've got rolen holding down the fort, otherwise i would have gone insane a long time ago.
fbc_fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby JoeyTTU01 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:25 pm

For you Hank Blalock haters, he has hit well as of late, in the last week .333 0 HR 4 RBI 6 R and in the last month .297 1 HR 14 RBI 12 R. Blalock while a notorious 2nd half dud I wouldnt bench him unless you just have someone so much better, he is playing pretty well and will needed to keep it up to help the Rangers overtake the A's and Angels in the AL West.
My Team: HELP PLEASE
None Currently.

JoeyTTU01
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bwagner112 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:36 pm

Yeah, the way he has been playing the last few days...no complaints here
bwagner112
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Prooks25 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:11 pm

JoeyTTU01 wrote:For you Hank Blalock haters, he has hit well as of late, in the last week .333 0 HR 4 RBI 6 R and in the last month .297 1 HR 14 RBI 12 R. Blalock while a notorious 2nd half dud I wouldnt bench him unless you just have someone so much better, he is playing pretty well and will needed to keep it up to help the Rangers overtake the A's and Angels in the AL West.

Give me some freakin power Hank. Come on.
Prooks25
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby fbc_fan » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:59 pm

JoeyTTU01 wrote:For you Hank Blalock haters, he has hit well as of late, in the last week .333 0 HR 4 RBI 6 R and in the last month .297 1 HR 14 RBI 12 R. Blalock while a notorious 2nd half dud I wouldnt bench him unless you just have someone so much better, he is playing pretty well and will needed to keep it up to help the Rangers overtake the A's and Angels in the AL West.

not really a hater, its more frustration with the guy because everyone knows he can hit, he just isn't getting it done this year. even though he has been hitting well lately, he still has only 11 XBH since june first and only four HRs in that time, not exactly amazing numbers from a position that is relatively deep.

what i'm more concerned about is finding out exactly how bad the "shoulder soreness" is. that and whether or not he is going to be platooned at third and only start against righties, that would really kill his value. any rangers fans out there know anything about either of these situations?
fbc_fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby JoeyTTU01 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:27 pm

For the most part Blalock seems to face lefties, unless their really tough lefties. I think Buck decided this year that its best to play Hank and see if he can adjust to lefties. He continues to struggle Vs LHP .212 2 16 .280(OBP). Mark DeRosa could spell him some at 3B Vs LHP.
My Team: HELP PLEASE
None Currently.

JoeyTTU01
College Coach
College Coach

Postby DSheppard » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:59 am

blalock hasnt hit for any power, but he looks a lot better average wise lately.

hes a borderline player in a 12 team right now, and definitely burned me when i took him in the 7th. which i thought was a steal. and looked like it for 6 weeks.

although he does have a decent number of RBIs.
DSheppard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Injuries & Player Updates